Is Freddy in a deadlock ?

What is the current situation with Nightmare on Elm street content ? As I remember the current reboot Freddy was licensed before the rights were reverted to Craven Estate who now owns the domestic US rights to the franchise. WB still owns international rights I think. And some Horror inc company made some noise in the past too. Is Freddy currently stuck in some legal loop from being able to receive new content ?

All content is from the reboot so I am not sure if Craven owns that too. If not then the old movie content would have to be sold separately as skins or something in order to manage who gets what revenue.

I guess I can mention that the killer is also very bare bones in the eyes of the community too. Often criticized as being bottom tier and too plain to play with/against and no longer true to the character (rework made him present outside dreamworld). Dreamworld itself is also not hostile enough to the players. His character is all about immense power inside the dream world and total lack of it outside of it. Old version did this much more faithfully to the character. Some say that the Doctor is better Freddy when it comes to game play and messing with the survivor's mind. Freddy should not be a basic M1 killer. The whole dream world is what should give him a very unique and diverse play style. If the movie reboot rumor is still holding water , Behavior might have a bigger incentive to dedicate an in between update to his final rework and new content. Also his mori might be straight from the movie but when it comes to Freddy and his creativity .. it's kinda bland.

Comments