Renewal With Off The Record, Is It Worth It?
Ive had several matches in a row in which I get tunneled out, which is not that huge of a deal, but I was wondering if Off The Record and Renewal would be worth running just so I can waste as much time as possible before going down and back onto the same hook over and over.
I feel as if Off The Record is fine but I might not get that much value from Renewal since it requires me to heal someone to get it.
I was going to just use a Blast Mine build with Red Herring but seeing how much matches have been going, it might be best to drop that build and just try something different. (Also I did end up getting facecamped and swung at on hook for Blast Mine'ing the same killer 7 times in one match, so that's something.)
Comments
Sorry your games are going badly. I actually think Blast Mine is hilarious and if I got hit by it 7 times in one match, I'd honestly be extremely impressed.
My record is currently 3 Blast Mines and 2 Red Herrings from, if I remember well, the same survivor. I was giggling by the end of the match.
Not really, I use to use it a lot and got a lot of value from it. Id consider it worse than Off The Record but both stack for a total of 3 health states so Idk.
Yes. Killers would be making a mistake by chasing someone with 3 health states.
To find survivors to heal with Renewal i would recommend Empathy, Bond or Empathic Connection.
I would also recommend Lithe or Smash Hit to get more distance when being tunnelled.
Eh, not really even if, Renewal just saves time healing after an unhook, and Off The Record still mutes grunts of pain and hides auras for 80 seconds after an unhook.
That does sound good if you're getting tunnelled as long as it's not directly off hook, then it's sadly not gonna do much
The issue with OTR + Renewal is that if you get hit before Renewal procs, all the latter will do is get rid of your Deep Wound, you won't get an actual health state out of it. Otherwise the combo would be great.
Renewal isn't completely awful, but it's not really good either. OTR and DS are the go-to perks against being tunnelled, DS is of course worse now but it's not completely dead either, using both will get you good value if you're getting tunnelled. Sprint Burst is good to get away from the hook so that you won't have to waste your OTR hit just for that.
Something else you could try is Resurgence plus an Emergency Med-Kit. The Emergency is actually able to heal you twice off hook with Resurgence, and it only takes around 5 seconds, which is something you can pull off mid-chase as well.
For something else entirely, Lucky Break with Quick & Quiet, try to break LoS after getting unhooked and get into a locker. Sprint Burst, OTR and Inner Healing are more perks that can work with this. Or Head On/DS to have a failsafe if they still find you in the locker.
btw Renewal actually got a small QOL tweak recently
Before it used to only give progress towards it when you stopped a healing action but now renewal will automatically fill up as you heal people like how Lucky Break does
It's nice
I just don't understand this line of thinking. DS wasn't terrible just because you didn't get tunneled every game because when you did get tunneled that chase could mean multiple gens pop while the killer gets nothing in return. I'd barely call a generic strong anti tunneling perk & a good healing perk a build. Renewal can only be "wasted" if you never heal someone or the killer hits through BT which you can run SB to help make the chances of them doing so before it procs low.