Need more ways to report players because cheats crash Switch
Needing to report players specifically on the end tally screen is problematic. One of the things cheaters can do is disconnect you or crash the game. Just happened to me on Switch. I couldn't record video, obviously, because it was on Switch, and I never made it to the endscreen. They crashed my game.
Why? I don't really know. I guess I wasn't aggressive enough (I never am aggressive on Switch, even at its normal fps trying to simply hit survivors is legit painful, it's 85% whiffs). I was just doing the Dredge daily of getting Nightfall, which requires a couple hits and some locker teleports. My name was even "DoingDaily."
The survivor threw themselves on a hook, turned my game into a slideshow going at fewer than 0.2 fps for a while, two other survivors were disconnected, and finally my game crashed. Now I have a timeout.
What good is a report system if a malicious cheater can prevent you from using it?
Comments
Okay, I updated this post because I realized that my original take didn't work. I thought, "Being able to report cheaters before the end screen is what I need." Except, the whole problem was that the framerate dropped to about 1 frame every 5 seconds and I was locked out of doing anything. That means I couldn't bring up the Options screen to leave the match, and if I couldn't do that then I couldn't do anything else like report a player.
DbD needs to keep a record of the information of the last match played, even (especially) if it crashes or disconnects and the match doesn't finish.
I'm not sure the cheater purposefully crashed my game. I think Switch just can't handle the cheat engine. That means Switch players will have a hell of a hard time reporting any cheater if getting to the end tally screen is required.
The only answer would be if you can review the information that would have been shown on the tally screen even after a match. No big backlog, the game just keeping track of one previous match would be enough. A player whose game was disconnected or crashed needs some alternate way to click that little report button to flag a match and report a cheater. I mean, that's one of the more troublesome things a cheater can do, because it forces an innocent person to eat a disconnect penalty, and then the cheater can't even be reported.