When will console get the 2.0.0 update?
Just wondering since PC got its update recently.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
SoonTM.
I don't believe they gave any date. The patch is very likely waiting for Sony and Microsoft to verify the content of dbd patch, which is totally out of control of the dev's control.
Considering E3 has been going on, I'd imagine certification is a bit delayed. The devs are doing the best they can with what they can do. Believe me, I want it badly but we are just going to have to wait a week or two.
Basically, they’ll hold off pushing the 2.0.0 patch live till after they certify the patch that fixes the issues. Basically we have to wait for two patches to be certified before we get any patch. Then they’ll release the both at the same time.
Not only that, they released it on the PTB on the 29th and still can't get it right. They keep saying that they have QA team, when will they fire the lot is beyond me.
Absolutely. It is the developers fault. However, I’m more than willing to give them a pass and say don’t worry about it. It’s a rather massive update that has many changes to the game, something is going to go wrong. Like at my job, I work with precise machinery. Everything is calibrated to the nearest millimeter. Even the slightest little miscalculation could lead to broken machinery and parts.
Programming is is in the same boat. One accidental “:” instead of a “;” in the code, and everything falls apart. With the sheer size of this update and DLC, It would be nearly impossible to not have something be wrong.
As as a player, it’s disappointing and sucks, but i’ll deal with it. I understand their frustration and how hard it is to get the ball rolling on such stuff. (X_x)7
I'd say PS4 and XBOX will get the patch by next Friday.
It’ll probably also be different for different timezones. SCEA is faster than SCEE. Two weeks in England i suspect from when PC got it.
I remember Friday the 13th having to go through console cert too for their patches and that didn't take no more than a week. But it might take longer for this patch because they have to add auric cell transactions into the console stores.
I remember the Pig came out on Xbox before PC last time.
When Sony/microsoft are done with their verification process, better ask them
Idk how every other dev does it so everything hits together yet BHVR can’t grasp this technology.
Why on Earth are they even releasing it at the same time. Just have the certification ready so that they can be released at the same time. The devs had plenty of time to start it, then it wouldn't be out of the devs control, which is ridiculous, as they should be able to decide when they release their update for their game.
Devs choice.
As far as I know, the last time a similar situation happened, Microsoft released the patch without even asking BHVR to confirm, which was fun times.
I imagine they do that in case of the patches not being certified for X reasons, so they don't delay the PC release furthermore due to console, since this game is originally made for PC and not for consoles.