Removing Bloodweb Clutter
- Shroud offerings
- Fog offerings
- Hook distance offerings
- Coin offerings or keep only the purples
- Luck offerings: Rework Luck in general
- BP offerings that don’t give 100% in at least a single category (Brown/Yellow with exception of Survivor Pudding/Escape Cake)
- Hatch offerings: Hatch location should not be known by either side till it spawns
- Map Offerings: Maps are too unbalanced, and so offerings should either be removed along with Green Ward, or map offerings should be reversed to reduce the chance of map RNG sending you there instead
Comments
I love map offerings. If I naturally get MacMillan 3 times in a row, I want to use an offering to another map, so I don't die of boredom. Sometimes I just crave a certain map and being able to go there feels so good. It gives me fun. Sometimes I use a map offering for a challenge. Of course, certan people use map offerings just to get an advantage over the other side, but that's the problem of maps being unbalanced.
Removing map offerings would kill some fun in this game, in my opinion. Map should be balanced, so map offerings are not a problem. Mist offerings should be buffed, so they actually significantly add fog onto maps, to make it more fun. I agree that luck should be reworked / buffed.
Hook distance offerings don't do anything ever (might be a bug?). It would be more sensible to adjust number of hooks with this offering (-1 for survivors, +2 for killer).
It used to change hook number and it was changed for being disgustingly busted.
I agree that would be the case in Midwitch (that map is huge issue on it's own) and it might be the case also for old DBD where you could permanently delete hook. But no other map hungers for hooks and hooks now always respawn (if we don't count full sacrifices outside of basement).
Basically all we need is for the game to apply this offering AFTER it generates hook positions (before scourge hooks are created) - and delete hooks closest to each other/spawn new hook in biggest hook vacuum.
A lot of those need to be a secret offerings...
I believe that making some offerings secret would be more interesting
1. Shroud - 2/10 - not bad but backwards binding is better for killers, separation is better for survivors.
2. Fog- 1/10 - Almost useless outside of maybe SWF - borderline for myers/ghostface
3. Hooks- 8/10 - Build specific but not useless at all, I run sabo in 90% of my games, also good for the boil over/flip flop gamers.
4. Coins- 6/10 - Good for chest challenges and good if you dont bring an item or killer has Franklin's, deent utility IMO.
5. Luck- 1/10- Useless outside of swf.
6. BP- 1/10 -Would have been 0/10 before the price reduction
7. Hatch- 3/10- if hatch challenges didnt exist i would say your assesment is fair but this evens the field for those and since both can see it, its pretty fair.
8. Maps- 5/10 - Build specific but sometimes required. Your change would help with some things like after being sent to the same map group several times, to get a change of scenery it works. But every now and then i like to play jumpscare Myers and if i got that on coldwind i would afk in the basememt because that build needs an indoor map. Sometimes i burn offerings cause i lke the map even if its a better map for the other side. Also going to dead dawg or the game when I have a break 50 pallets/walls challenge
9. Basement- 2/10- You neglected this one but this shouldnt be a survivor offering at all and would happily get rid of it if the killer and survivors got an aura read on the basement hooks at start of match basekit.
I do not think so, Map Offerings are never fun when one side plays it and send you to a bad map that favors the side that send you there. I rather if Map Offerings can be disabled or better, just be reworked so that using a map offering will instead removed the map from the RNG table. I dislikes those games in which Survivors can used a Coldwin Farm or some broken map; to gain a advantage.
And yes, I simply do not give a damn about others opinion about the "map being fun for them" as it never helps any players case that those map in general are imbalance and need proper Rework. I may love RPD as a Resident Evil player or Any licensed maps in general; but sometimes I despise playing those maps when it comes to a sense of fairness and standards gameplay. I have a problem when Survivors use offerings for that simple reason, that this map will benefit them and their whole team.