Decisive Strike stun should be back 5 seconds. Change my mind

Crazy idea, maybe make it 6 seconds (since the stagger when you fall is around 1.5 seconds), or just make it 5 seconds and shorten the survivor stagger when they fall of the killer's shoulder.

Comments

  • This content has been removed.
  • They should not buff Decisive Strike that way--never again. It's not fun that the Killer gets to have 5 seconds taken away from them just because someone was running it.

    However.

    That said, I think Decisive Strike should just instead grant the Haste status effect for 5 seconds after stunning the Killer with DS, at a speed of 150%.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/345683/decisive-strike-stun-should-be-back-5-seconds-change-my-mind

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3177813#Comment_3177813

    While I agree it should be 5 seconds again. Just food for thought, because it's not completely useless. People are just used to running them for as long as they can. Right before the timer runs out. Some even run them after. Then using the 5 seconds to get somewhere safe again.

    The way you should be using it now. Is using your BT to get somewhere safe and making sure you go down there. Like near a god window or pallet. They now have to let you sit or pick you up. You DS them and now you have a pallet or god window to work with to continue the chase. It still offers value and is very good

    calling it very good... Well. Why I can't see anybody using it then? What I can see is actual campers and tunnelers all over the fog

  • Revert the stun duration back to 5 seconds that’s all it needs.

  • @Xord said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3177829#Comment_3177829

    "It's not fun when I play in an extremely toxic way that a game mechanics punishes me, although it costs the survivor a perk, which it shouldn't".

    DS not only needs to be back at 5 seconds, it should also be basekit. If you can't get 4 kills as killer without camping and tunneling then git good. Skill issue 100%

    It's because comments like that that we do not receive good stuff in the midchapters and instead a massive rushing. DS needs to be 5 seconds because it doesn't give you the chance to get away... that was all you needed to comment. Camping is a playstyle and, sometimes, a needed one. Is it unfun? Yeah, but it's a playstyle nonetheless and sometimes the only viable strategy a killer has...

  • @Saitamfed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3177849#Comment_3177849

    It's because comments like that that we do not receive good stuff in the midchapters and instead a massive rushing. DS needs to be 5 seconds because it doesn't give you the chance to get away... that was all you needed to comment. Camping is a playstyle and, sometimes, a needed one. Is it unfun? Yeah, but it's a playstyle nonetheless and sometimes the only viable strategy a killer has...

    There are some situations where killers have to camp and tunnel, but these have become much fewer now that killers were buffed.

    Killers can win without camping and tunneling, simple as that. And the game can't be balanced around the few situations where killers have to camp and tunnel. It's time for survivors to get some help. Queue times clearly support this.

    The tunneling nerf in 6.2.0 was a good start, but I really hope we'll get more in the next update. Camping needs to be nerfed as well.

  • @Xord said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3177829#Comment_3177829

    "It's not fun when I play in an extremely toxic way that a game mechanics punishes me, although it costs the survivor a perk, which it shouldn't".

    DS not only needs to be back at 5 seconds, it should also be basekit. If you can't get 4 kills as killer without camping and tunneling then git good. Skill issue 100%

    Some survs abuse old DS, like "we have DS let's hug the killer and complaining about that he tunnel or slug me"

    If you have DS just go to a pallet to use and have a protection or go to the nearest loop, instead of running like a idiot to nowhere.

  • I think instead of making it 5 seconds, I think the stun duration should be killer specific. Whether it's 3 or 5 seconds won't matter to a nurse that can easily catch up to you in that time. 3 seconds against a trapper might be good but 5 seconds is too much.

    We have killer specific movement speed, why couldn't we have killer specific stun durations?

  • I think it would be too much when stacked with Off The Record.

  • @6yXJI0 said:

    Why?

    Because many killers catch up to it quickly. And 3 seconds doesn't even feel punishing at all

  • @Uotsumi said:

    4s

    4 and the survivor has 0 stagger when falling from the killer's shoulder

  • @ReverseVelocity said:

    I think it would be too much when stacked with Off The Record.

    Nerf off the record. I hate that perk anyway

  • @Kaapskaaps said:

    I think instead of making it 5 seconds, I think the stun duration should be killer specific. Whether it's 3 or 5 seconds won't matter to a nurse that can easily catch up to you in that time. 3 seconds against a trapper might be good but 5 seconds is too much.

    We have killer specific movement speed, why couldn't we have killer specific stun durations?

    I don't feel BHVR wants to make exceptions.


    (I say that then remember they nerfed Awakened Awareness because of nurse)

  • @Nathan13 said:

    Revert the stun duration back to 5 seconds that’s all it needs.

    That's all I'm asking for. 3 seconds is way too little.

  • off the record was never the solution against tunneling imo. a smart killer will hit you off hook ( imagine if they had STBFL they will catch up in no time ) and it will make OTR useless since endurance doesn stack " which it shouldn't " the only problem old DS had was the free end game escape and a lot of people were running for that reason. revert it to 5 seconds and keep it deactivated end game.