Weapon Cosmetics Should Not Be Linked
There should be no reason that the weapon cosmetics for Killers should be linked. It pains me to see the God of Desire bat, the HUNK knife or the Corrupted Great Knife are not available to be used for every cosmetic.
I understand you guys need to make money, but at the same time, this should NOT be a thing--when a player purchases a Killer's cosmetic and it comes with a weapon, that weapon should just be available for use on any other cosmetic afterward.
So here's my suggestion:
- Unlink all Killer weapons from their cosmetics--as in, unlink it from having to be used with a set--after it is purchased by the player.
- Allow the weapon to be purchasable by itself, if possible.
This would be a really good move and would let us, the players, enjoy having more variety and expression with our Killers.
We need this.
Comments
Unlink all the ones that aren't linked for licensing purposes. Any licenced cosmetics most likely has to stay linked under the contracts they agreed on.
I hate that two of the three Crypt TV cosmetic sets are linked. They'd be totally fine unlinked, especially the weapons, but the whole sets really. Even though I don't play Huntress, I'd get the set if it were unlinked. I'll never buy it if I'm stuck using that weapon, though. Never.
Trickster's cupid set shouldn't be linked, either. The head can be replaced just fine.
I doubt BHVR would ever be allowed to unlink the RE or Silent Hill cosmetics that are on DbD's original characters, though. I wouldn't be surprised if BHVR could unlink Cheryl's cosmetics to be mix-and-matched so I could use some of her tops with anything other than that skirt—that combination of pieces makes no sense, tops like that go with jeans for god's sake, her skirt is freaking green—but for some reason they just don't do it.