Is Artist an Easy Killer?
Bump, title, Gazinga! Yay or nay?
Bump, title, Gazinga! Yay or nay?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
If you're a newer player who doesn't quite understand survivor movements/looping patterns and so one then using her power can be really tricky.
Artist's power is essentially all about placing birds in good spots to shut down loops immediately to either force an m1, make them leave the tile or get a bird hit. She also excels at pressuring survivors from a distance
I wouldn't call her 'easy' but she is def not as hard as some other killers.
I'd say she's moderate to slightly difficult; She requires prediction and precision to get the most out of her power but once you understand the best way to use her power, the challenge comes in its application and how your opponents react to it.
depends what you are going for.
if you are going for more long ranged hits then no
but if you are going for strictly close range shots, mabye?
If you want to play her well then No.
If you want to play her boring and safe and just use birds as antiloop and almost never use them outside of that then probably towards yes.
Artist has a low skill floor, but a really high skill ceiling (one of the highest in the game in my opinion, higher than Nurse for sure).
You can easily identify a bad/mediocre from a good Artist player (but they are really rare to see in action).
I would say it depends on your playtime. You need to understand Survivor pathing and have good map knowledge. I would not recommend her to beginners.
For real, I once encountered an awesome Artist in Midwich and it was uncanny how well she had the timeing down that a survivor needed to run a corridor. If someone was running away in a straight line, this Artist would always catch them when they turned the corner, even if they were two at the other end of the building. She just knew, probably from hours upon hours, when to fire.
She has very easy mechanics and some more or less useful tricks (like double birds). The rest is experience and a lot of game sense. Knowing where to set birds in loops (kinda easy), knowing how to counter swf surv tactics (taking birds for injured players etc), knowing where to send birds over the map... it's a lot of prediction too.
I think she's not a hard killer but requires a lot of experience if you go against experienced survivors.
I very rarely see good artists. When I do it's rough. I see far more good blights, nurses, etc.
All killers are easy to use. The game is DBD, not Dark Souls
She's my main but often go for the snipes / dire crow hits in chases.
Also hilarious to match your snipes with classical music XD
https://youtu.be/t4mPfNHVzogFor example :D