I don’t get it
As killer I can get a 4k(sometimes at basement somewhat quickly, hook trades etc) but literally not pip up or down, but then I can get an even 2 hooks on each with maybe one K & around 8-9k points in each “category” except for sacrifice and I de pip?
Tf is up with this bhvr I’ve had like 10 matches since the update that should have pipped me atleast one but nope ! I have pretty much de pipped/stayed in same spot unless I have an extremely long drawn out sweaty ass game where it’s a 4K with 3 hooks each. These are ok now and again but it seems like overkill (for me as a beginner)
Comments
Each individual hook works towards you pipping. So if survivors unalive themselves on first hook, or are not picked up and go second phase, then you won't get as many points or pips (which makes sense as it's not really skill but more neglect on the part of their teammates).
Good pipping games are more often than not games where you will double hook everyone, or at least a majority of players, on top of having a good destruction score, chasing score, and so forth.
You don't have to two-hook everyone before having your first kill though. Killing your first survivor on 5th or 6th hook is perfectly acceptable and will slow the game down to let you get your other hooks.
Also keep in mind that as your rise in grades, it gets harder to pip and easier to de-pip. Games where you would have pipped before will now give you black pip most of the time. You have to make a lot of efforts to work for those pips.
But why does it give me the black pip for theoretically playing the same way I did when i was ash?
In ash, the expectations for emblems to get a pip are significantly lower than in higher grades.
You can easily double pip every game if you're a good player (with the right killer). I'm pretty sure you can even get pips by camping two guys out, that's how little is necessary in ash.
In higher grades, the game expects you to actually make great efforts to apply pressure on all of your roles as killer. It favours slightly killers whose powers score in several categories (I know for example that I don't have much trouble pipping as Legion, but it was a bit harder on my Hag before the update as I used not to kick gens so my brutality was usually very low).
If the game made you pip as easily in ash and in iridescent grades, ranking up would be a breeze. As things are, the game expects you to put more efforts in if you want higher grades.
That’s just frustrating to me lol i totally understand the “it can’t be TOO easy then it’s not fun and you get there in a day” that’s not fun when I’m not really that competitive but I like to continuously aim for something sorta easily achievable to keep games interesting .
I still really enjoy the game at times but I realized this last month that even grades don’t matter to me anymore with how hard it is for me to pip up now .
I don't know if you play survivor, but trust me it can be even more frustrating.
With killer, you can know at the end of your matches what you games lacked, whether it was pressuring gens, hitting more people, whatever deviousness is, the works.
With survivor, you have to take into account that everyone wants to pip so people will bum rush unhooks carelessly, sometimes dooming your games... when they're not unaliving themselves on hook, DCing, or if you're not tunneled out of the game (and therefore de-pipping).
I've been stuck in the survivor iri 2 limbo for two weeks now, where sometimes I have great games that make me almost double pip, only to be tunneled the next 3 games and lose all progress, followed by a string of teammates DCs or first-hook-deaths that make it virtually impossible to get back what I lost.
I should really work towards my killer grade more this months because I'm pretty sure it will make more of a difference in rewards than focusing on the survivor one haha.