Dredge has been shadow nerfed... and it wasnt a small nerf RIP
You lose now your bloodlust when you teleport to your remnant which is a huge nerf to his 1v1 chase which wasnt really good in the first place...
Sure you gain now bloodlust much faster since the last midchapter but the problem with this is that Dredge lost a super fun chase aspect which made him very unique and fun in chases. (This shadow nerf happened with weskers release)
Back then you could play much more freely with the remnant. The majority anyway didnt do that but I did this very often and could end half of the chases like that. I placed often the remnant far away on a tile, usually on very unusual but hard to see spots for the survivors, lets say at the corner of an jungle gym away from pallets or windows. I teleport after I gained 1-2 bloodlust stacks and the survivors usually thinks then I just left so they either stand still for a sec to be sure or just try to leave the tile immidiatly and then I come out of a very unexpected direction or corner and get hits like this.
This "tech" often helped me to catch someone off guard and also gain even downs very quick like this. It worked quiete often because it is so unusual. I was also quiete fun cuz it was still a fair move which if the survivor still was quick enough to react or saw/heared the remnant before could play around that. The bloodlust helped to get this extra momentum to reach the survivors before they make it to a pallet or tile or window.
Now with this gone you are forced to play this very boring and generic pallet 50/50 play where you place the remnant close to a pallet and go back and forth so either the survivors vaults and gets hit or dont vaults and keeps running around the tile till you catch them.
Again it wasnt a game breaking tool or bug, it was just a other kind of strategy to catch survivors which was mostly fun to use and made Dredge unique. Now you are forced to play like a Hag or Artist to zone survivors at the 1 pallet till you catch them.
This made me lose alot of fun and motivation to play Dredge, there are chances that this is just a bug but I dont think so tbh.
Comments
Ye in general I agree, however in Ghostfaces and Myers case, if you 99 stalk a survivors and lets say you bloodlust them, you get a free down like this which is a common strategy and it is used fairly often on these Killers.
i've been playing a lot of dredge
i rotate the survivor so there's no tiles behind them, place the remnant on one side of the pallet, then walk to the other side of the pallet, and the survivor inevitably has to choose between getting hit or getting hit.
bloodlust doesn't kick in by the time i have them downed. i don't really know why bloodlust is factoring in to your dredge plays but i think there are better plays that don't necessitate its use. try placing your remnant in a way where they have no choice but to get within lunging range and herd them towards it with your body.
damn, I was actually scared they nerfed him somehow but they just made him work the same as every other killer so no biggy.
someday i hope they look back to dredge and give him a more interesting antiloop or buff the antiloop of the remnant itself cuz right now it's too punishing if a survivor holds w cuz dredge gets slowed a lot.
Again I would have to test that to see that myself on some cases like stalking cuz I am fairly sure it stays, atm I have no one to test this so feels bad unless you offer yourself.
About the side note. Everyone learns something new, dont need to be like that to me lol
Sry if I sound stubborn but in this case I was fairly sure, I am not 100% sure about your claims either since i need to test that myself. And if you are right about that you have showed me something very interesting and I am glad about that then.
Although I dislike how you immidiatly try to make me look bad only cuz I have been wrong about something, I am honestly losing interested in even staying here in the forums cuz I originally stayed here to always learn new things but it seems lately ppl are always trying to push others down.
*Edit: Bet now either you or someone is going now immediatly try to make fun of it or drag me down somehow but I am leaving this post here at this point cuz I dont really see any benefit for me anymore to read this discussion from now on. And again I am sorry if I seem to trigger ppl but it maybe I am just not fit anymore to discuss with ppl in a forum so ye.
There's a difference between being told something new and stubbornly arguing your point across multiple pages of a forums thread because you're sad a bug got fixed. If you were that reliant on a bug that fixing it makes you lose any and all interest in that killer, then maybe that killer just isn't right for you.
If you don't believe me, that's fine. It means we can end this conversation, because I'm not being asked to test it right now. It's late, I'm tired, and my Switch needs to be updated about 3 patches to test it in customs.
If you move on from the forums then, viel Glück.
Nah Sadako loses Bloodlust when Manifesting/Demanifesting I'm pretty sure, it's just she can gain Bloodlust while demanifested (because she's in chase).
Can confirm this.
Tested it on several Killers. Artist, Pig (When you crouch, you do lose bloodlust after some time since you are getting out of the chase), Freddy holding a snare and Billy charging and reving DONT lose bloodlust charging the power, only once you fully let go and do the actualy ability's.
Last message btw
I literally never once noticed Bloodlust stuck around when teleporting back to your remnant, because whenever i did, i was already right where the survivor was and was ready to hit them, which made the BL completely pointless
Odds are, this was a bugfix, and not a lot will change about Dredge because of it
And you still lose it upon using your power (ie placing a snare) which is the same as a Remanant teleport