I just think to stop regressing the gen the survivor should have to work on it an equivalent time to how long the killer took to damage it. What does everyone else think about a change like this?
I just think to stop regressing the gen the survivor should have to work on it an equivalent time to how long the killer took to damage it. What does everyone else think about a change like this?
Actually, the survivor should have to go through a 5 second animation of fixing the damaged generator. After they fixed the damaged generator, they can start repairing at whatever they left off at depending on the regression. This will help out with the, I repaired 0.00000000000001% of the generator so I fixed it during chases.
I just think to stop regressing the gen the survivor should have to work on it an equivalent time to how long the killer took to damage it. What does everyone else think about a change like this?
Actually, the survivor should have to go through a 5 second animation of fixing the damaged generator. After they fixed the damaged generator, they can start repairing at whatever they left off at depending on the regression. This will help out with the, I repaired 0.00000000000001% of the generator so I fixed it during chases.
How would this work with Overcharge though? Would you receive the skill check during or after the gen has been fixed and you've resumed normal repairs?
I just think to stop regressing the gen the survivor should have to work on it an equivalent time to how long the killer took to damage it. What does everyone else think about a change like this?
Actually, the survivor should have to go through a 5 second animation of fixing the damaged generator. After they fixed the damaged generator, they can start repairing at whatever they left off at depending on the regression. This will help out with the, I repaired 0.00000000000001% of the generator so I fixed it during chases.
How would this work with Overcharge though? Would you receive the skill check during or after the gen has been fixed and you've resumed normal repairs?
I'll say within the 5 second period (that you're fixing the damaged generator) you'll receive the skill check. Additionally, Overcharge can (be buffed and) make fixing a regressed generator take 10 seconds instead of 5 seconds.
I actually like the idea of having to fix a regressed generator before starting the actual repairs. Currently, you just repair a generator to stop a regressing generator but having to go through a repair animation can make kicking generators more rewarding.
I just think to stop regressing the gen the survivor should have to work on it an equivalent time to how long the killer took to damage it. What does everyone else think about a change like this?
Actually, the survivor should have to go through a 5 second animation of fixing the damaged generator. After they fixed the damaged generator, they can start repairing at whatever they left off at depending on the regression. This will help out with the, I repaired 0.00000000000001% of the generator so I fixed it during chases.
How would this work with Overcharge though? Would you receive the skill check during or after the gen has been fixed and you've resumed normal repairs?
I'll say within the 5 second period (that you're fixing the damaged generator) you'll receive the skill check. Additionally, Overcharge can (be buffed and) make fixing a regressed generator take 10 seconds instead of 5 seconds.
I actually like the idea of having to fix a regressed generator before starting the actual repairs. Currently, you just repair a generator to stop a regressing generator but having to go through a repair animation can make kicking generators more rewarding.
I know this is a little off topic but I would honestly like to see different map environments with a different way to escape rough example: Cruise ship map you would repair all 5 generators to drop down the emergency doors with a life raft and as soon as you get in the life raft and push one button the animation of you rowing away happens so you’re not creating extra game mechanics by the boat actually driven but giving new map concept with a new escape concept same deal, activate doors walk to boat push one button escape , so the only real thing they would have to divulge into to get right would be the textures on the map and the water at the end
I'm not opposed to a short interaction, but I don't think that breaking a generator when there's still survivors there should be viable. You should have to make sure the area is clear first, not just kick it without checking and move on knowing that it'll regress a certain amount regardless.
Run by tapping to stop regressing is just garbage.
Gens are already done to fast and killer always got told "pressure the map/gens", but actually kicking them does almost nothing, because the regression is stopped so easy.
I'm not opposed to a short interaction, but I don't think that breaking a generator when there's still survivors there should be viable. You should have to make sure the area is clear first, not just kick it without checking and move on knowing that it'll regress a certain amount regardless.
@Peanits Having a interaction time won't change this. If the killer doesn't check the area, the survivor can still stop the regression via short repair interaction. If the killer does check the area and it's clear, the generator will regress more to slow down the game.
@Peanits what if the survivor only has to have an interaction say 15 seconds after the killer kicks it?
15 would be a little much. That means that even if you kick it carelessly and immediately leave, even knowing that survivors are nearby, you get 15 seconds of guaranteed regression. Not to mention that this would totally break the 3 gen strategy. There's no way you'd have a chance if there were three close generators that each took 15 seconds before you could fix them.
I would say maybe 2. Long enough that you can't tap it mid chase, short enough that the killer doesn't get free regression.
@peanits I worded that wrong sorry. I meant what if the survivor only has to complete a short interaction if the Gen has been regressing for about 15 seconds. That way the killer has time to kick the Gen and then start searching the surrounding area. If the killer finds someone behind a nearby tree after 15 seconds they can no longer sprint burst back to the Gen and stop the regression mid chase.
@peanits I worded that wrong sorry. I meant what if the survivor only has to complete a short interaction if the Gen has been regressing for about 15 seconds. That way the killer has time to kick the Gen and then start searching the surrounding area. If the killer finds someone behind a nearby tree after 15 seconds they can no longer sprint burst back to the Gen and stop the regression mid chase.
Oh, I see what you mean. I think you worded it fine, I just misread it. That seems fair.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
How would this work with Overcharge though? Would you receive the skill check during or after the gen has been fixed and you've resumed normal repairs?
I actually like the idea of having to fix a regressed generator before starting the actual repairs. Currently, you just repair a generator to stop a regressing generator but having to go through a repair animation can make kicking generators more rewarding.
It would be nice, but devs said they like the concept of tapping gens to stop the regression during chases, so....
When did they say that?!?!
That's one of the worst things in the game.
rough example: Cruise ship map
you would repair all 5 generators to drop down the emergency doors with a life raft and as soon as you get in the life raft and push one button the animation of you rowing away happens so you’re not creating extra game mechanics by the boat actually driven but giving new map concept with a new escape concept same deal, activate doors walk to boat push one button escape , so the only real thing they would have to divulge into to get right would be the textures on the map and the water at the end
It shouldn't take longer than any number with a single digit, but the Tap2Stop is silly indeed.
Run by tapping to stop regressing is just garbage.
Gens are already done to fast and killer always got told "pressure the map/gens", but actually kicking them does almost nothing, because the regression is stopped so easy.
Having a interaction time won't change this. If the killer doesn't check the area, the survivor can still stop the regression via short repair interaction. If the killer does check the area and it's clear, the generator will regress more to slow down the game.
Some stream ago, I don't remember exactly when. Someone asked about gen tapping and that was their answer.
I would say maybe 2. Long enough that you can't tap it mid chase, short enough that the killer doesn't get free regression.