Wesker DLC not available on steam shop?

Whats going on here? I can spend your Cybor Kreditz or Auric Cells - but I cant find it on steam store?

Tagged: BHVR

Comments

  • It releases on the store an hour after the patch.

    image.png


  • @GentlemanFridge said:

    It releases on the store an hour after the patch.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/U8G1QT36FFOS/image.png

    Im sorry - so you are saying this is deliberate?


    That I have to wait an extra hour if I want to buy it out of game?

  • @Lyonic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3158695#Comment_3158695

    Im sorry - so you are saying this is deliberate?

    That I have to wait an extra hour if I want to buy it out of game?

    Yes. They've done it like this for years now.

    Don't shoot the messenger.

  • The DLC is not released until 12pm ET - which is when it's purchasable in Stores. The characters can be purchased with Auric Cells in game only as of right now.

  • @Mandy said:

    The DLC is not released until 12pm ET - which is when it's purchasable in Stores. The characters can be purchased with Auric Cells in game only as of right now.

    Oh ok - The only reason I mentioned is because, I noticed you can only get the special "Green veil" as a DLC item. Must have been negotiated by the top brass at capcom. "You have 1 hour, the the veil is OURS"

  • @Lyonic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3158718#Comment_3158718

    Oh ok - The only reason I mentioned is because, I noticed you can only get the special "Green veil" as a DLC item. Must have been negotiated by the top brass at capcom. "You have 1 hour, the the veil is OURS"

    It has always worked like that. You have to schedule these things in advanced and let the stores like steam, xbox etc, know. Most likely they do it this way so that if something goes wrong with the patch they can roll it back and have time to tell steam, xbox, sony, etc that they need to hold off on the DLC.

  • @Mandy said:

    The DLC is not released until 12pm ET - which is when it's purchasable in Stores. The characters can be purchased with Auric Cells in game only as of right now.

    Is there any possibility to change that?

    Back then when updating the game took very long it was quite okish that you did not get the chance to buy the DLC right away. But right now I patched the game in a few minutes and now I am waiting for the DLC to be released, since I have a lot of BPs to spend.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3158718#Comment_3158718

    Is there any possibility to change that?

    Back then when updating the game took very long it was quite okish that you did not get the chance to buy the DLC right away. But right now I patched the game in a few minutes and now I am waiting for the DLC to be released, since I have a lot of BPs to spend.

    There's a lot of things involved in this process so it's not likely to change I'm afraid.

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3158740#Comment_3158740

    It has always worked like that. You have to schedule these things in advanced and let the stores like steam, xbox etc, know. Most likely they do it this way so that if something goes wrong with the patch they can roll it back and have time to tell steam, xbox, sony, etc that they need to hold off on the DLC.

    I would have thought they do it because they know most regular players will purchase it ASAP and if I had to guess again, they profit more from purchases with auric cells than they would from people purchasing the DLC from steam store.

    Its not always been this way, unless I'm going crazy.

  • @Pepsidot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3158749#Comment_3158749

    I would have thought they do it because they know most regular players will purchase it ASAP and if I had to guess again, they profit more from purchases with auric cells than they would from people purchasing the DLC from steam store.

    Its not always been this way, unless I'm going crazy.

    It has pretty much always been this way. Maybe at one point it wasn't, and then a patch went bad, so they started doing this. I'd guess maybe twins was the cause if that was the turning point? Because that was a horrible patch that had all kinds of problems.

  • its the way its always worked but for licenced chapters it stings a biot extra hard as it works out considering more in cells than the DLC would cost, so its tempting to spend more real cash to get it early, which kind of sucks but hey.

  • Where is my blue vial..? I have the green one as a charm, but no blue..for whatever reason..:(