Packet loss explain

Can anyone explain how that new packet loss bar works?

And what it is?

I know there is a ne wbar for ping but this diamond circle that they said for that. How does it appear and how it works

I know it is new so it might take some time to post a picture

Comments

  • Directly quoted from the patch notes as I wanted to read up on it now anyways:


    • Improved Feature: HUD Connection Indicators The in-game connection indicator has been improved to show more detailed information during connection issues stemming from ping and packet loss
      • Ping is represented by a vertical bar iconYellow = Ping over 100ms
      • Red = Ping over 200ms
      • Packet Loss is represented by a double-diamond iconYellow = 2%-5% packet loss
      • Red = More than 5% packet loss
    • Your own Ping / Packet Loss icons are displayed above the Survivor List
      • Players are notified when another player is experiencing severe connection issues (Red for Ping / Packet Loss)For Killer issues: A unique red icon appears above the Survivor List for Survivors
      • For Survivor issues: A red bar appears next to their name on the Survivor List


  • @Mooks said:

    Directly quoted from the patch notes as I wanted to read up on it now anyways:

    • Improved Feature: HUD Connection Indicators The in-game connection indicator has been improved to show more detailed information during connection issues stemming from ping and packet loss
      • Ping is represented by a vertical bar iconYellow = Ping over 100ms
      • Red = Ping over 200ms
      • Packet Loss is represented by a double-diamond iconYellow = 2%-5% packet loss
      • Red = More than 5% packet loss
    • Your own Ping / Packet Loss icons are displayed above the Survivor List
      • Players are notified when another player is experiencing severe connection issues (Red for Ping / Packet Loss)For Killer issues: A unique red icon appears above the Survivor List for Survivors
      • For Survivor issues: A red bar appears next to their name on the Survivor List

    I read the patch notes but the packet loss icon is different from the ping. I wanted a photo of it

  • @_kostas_pap_207 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3161487#Comment_3161487

    I read the patch notes but the packet loss icon is different from the ping. I wanted a photo of it

    Ah I thought you wanted to know how it works sorry.

    i saw it in a stream but didn’t take a pic..

  • Here is the double-diamond Packet Loss symbol in the HUD. It appears just above the survivor names.


    image.png

    I'm not really sure what it means to have packet loss, though. I have this symbol (either yellow or red) much of the time, but my ping is very low and my gameplay feels completely normal. 🤷‍♂️