We Need More Sensitivity Settings (Controller)

I typically run 75% sense for Controller that way my turning feels sharp, but not too sharp, I can actually focus on things. But I think it would be nice if we had more sensitivity options for Controller, why does controller need more sensitivity options? Well, for starters different killers require different mechanical skills that rely too much on sensitivity.

Having a killer like Huntress with high sense on Controller can be an absolute pain from how fast your move your screen back and forth, it can be hard to land shots, so people typically run a somewhat high sense, but slow enough to gain control over.

Meanwhile at the other end of the spectrum, a killer like Hillbilly's turn rate is directly influenced by Controller sense. The only way to hit a full 180 degree curve as Billy is by running 100%/max sense on Controller. For Billy to perform at his best you are forced to use an insanely high sense which can disorient or make some players sick when doing basic activities.

This just raises the question as to why something like raising a hatchet, or turning with Billy, doesnt have sensitivity options?

A lot of games have been introducing varying sensitivity options depending on actions done. Providing sensitivity options for certain actions will only make things a lot easier to handle and customize for players, giving them more control over the game itself. DbD needs to do the same.

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    linear ramp/better response curve in general

    deadzone slider

    per-killer settings, including sensitivity during power usage

    max sensitivity increase

    taking another look at coding on killers like blight/billy

    it's fine though, nothing like this is going to ever happen. controller will always be bad in this game.

    E: like idk, it's hard to be optimistic about BHVR ever giving a damn about controller when the one thing we did have fine control over (our sensitivity, adjustable in increments of 1) was taken away from us when they made all the UI widgets buttons.

    In all fairness, I feel like Console has it the worst with these kinds of things, like the more I look at it, the more I feel depressed as a Console player...

    • No Keyboard and Mouse Support (so forced to use Controller)
    • Basically No Useful Controller Settings + Handicapped Because Of Awful Game Design
    • Performance Issues Constantly
    • No Post-Game Chat
    • Delayed Inputs (Wireless Controller)
    • Constant Bugs And Issues (Such As The Lobby Disconnect Bug)
  • @Iron_Cutlass said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3157017#Comment_3157017

    In all fairness, I feel like Console has it the worst with these kinds of things, like the more I look at it, the more I feel depressed as a Console player...

    • No Keyboard and Mouse Support (so forced to use Controller)
    • Basically No Useful Controller Settings + Handicapped Because Of Awful Game Design
    • Performance Issues Constantly
    • No Post-Game Chat
    • Delayed Inputs (Wireless Controller)
    • Constant Bugs And Issues (Such As The Lobby Disconnect Bug)

    As a console player, yeah, it's rough. The best part though is that you can't even switch to PC because there's no cross-progression.