Borrowed Time

What changes would be best for borrowed time now that base kit will include 10s of endurance and haste? I'm curious as to how they will try and make this perk at least some what relevant again.

Comments

  • It would stay relevant if basekit Borrowed Time didn’t apply in the end game - which it shouldn’t.

  • Still a very strong perk, the base kit 10 second BT isn't enough to stop tunneling. So, in an instance where a killer is planning on tunneling, they may wait out 10 seconds only to get denied by the perk. Like said above, it can completely negate end game free kills for killers.

  • BT is still a good perk, just not a requirement like it used to be. Which is good.

  • If it worked a bit like old BT. Meaning unhooked can unhook without loosing the effect (useful especially in basement with 2-3 survivors hooked) and maybe allow bodyblocking? (IDK about bodyblocking part though - from game health perspective)

  • BT extends the benefits already included in the basekit. Killers are going to have to run all the way across the map if they want to down the survivor now, as the duration in addition to the speed boost will eliminate any chance of a killer tunneling efficiently.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    It would stay relevant if basekit Borrowed Time didn’t apply in the end game - which it shouldn’t.

    Since DS and OTR deactivate there's no protection. I'm not saying a killer shouldn't camp and tunnel when the gates are open but the unhooked survivor shouldn't be punished. It will increase NOED usage I'm sure which makes sense but 20 seconds is solid.

  • @SgtMittens said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3155768#Comment_3155768

    Since DS and OTR deactivate there's no protection. I'm not saying a killer shouldn't camp and tunnel when the gates are open but the unhooked survivor shouldn't be punished. It will increase NOED usage I'm sure which makes sense but 20 seconds is solid.

    I agree with this. We have to stop deactivating perks at endgame.

  • @SgtMittens said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3155768#Comment_3155768

    Since DS and OTR deactivate there's no protection. I'm not saying a killer shouldn't camp and tunnel when the gates are open but the unhooked survivor shouldn't be punished. It will increase NOED usage I'm sure which makes sense but 20 seconds is solid.

    There are plenty of other survivor and killer perks that only work at certain points of the game. Individual protection/second chance perks coming off an unhook need to be limited to not work in the end game. Killers don’t have any generators left to patrol. They can’t be punished anymore for trying to do their only objective: securing kills. Survivors have plenty of altruistic options. If other survivors made it to the end game.

    NOED would only matter for the speed boost if the unhooked survivor is already injured.

  • the perk is garbage now. literally no one ever use it. i haven't seen a single borrowed time since tghe changes. that basically tell the whole story