Survivor experience since 6.1.0 is horrible now

DS nerf has killed the game for me. Survivor is unwinnable if the killer wants to tunnel, and there is no reason for them not to, and killer is so easy because you can just tunnel survivors easily.

Endurance is not sufficient anti-tunnelling. Let's picture this scenario. You go back to the hook and there is an unhooking survivor and then there is the survivor who is being unhooked. Let's assume the survivor has OTR, so 80 seconds of endurance. These survivor will both take two hits to down, except the unhooked survivor has already been hooked.

Tunnelling is still the more effective strategy.

And it still will be even after the basekit BT buff. Killers with mobility like Blight will have no problem with the haste effect.

Survivor role had it's bandaids removed and then replaced with cheaper less effective ones. Meanwhile killers got better tools for the job.

Survivor perk variety definitely increased but killer meta is still stacking slowdown perks.

The next steps took in 6.2.0 are disappointing.

Like i said the basekit BT buff is not sufficient.

But... you introduced a new bandaid to the game... Reassuarance.

Community members have been more vocal about the camping issue since the PTB for 6.1.0

https://youtu.be/vCJ0ZCIWrB4?t=216

(timestamped)

and so the fact that you are fixing another issue with the game with a perk is disappointing because it repeats the same issue that DS and BT had. They are both perks that solve core issues with the game so they will obviously be used a lot, bringing back the issue of perk variety.

Is Reassurance going to be nerfed into the ground in the future just like DS did?

Something that makes this ordeal insulting for me personally is this quote in the June 2022 developer update.

image.png

It's shows a lack of respect for the players...

"Hey guys we are taking away DS because of perk variety"

"We know camping is an issue so we ask that you buy this new licensed survivor to get this perk to counter it"


In conclusion, the state of the game just makes me sad, and that's all i have to say.


I will not be responding to comments, i just want this to reach BHVR.

Comments

  • Am I the only one that finds it odd how there were little-to-no complaints about DS being behind a pay wall, but now that Reassurance is behind one too, it's a huge issue?

  • Shrug. People say the same stuff over and over and over but my perspective is that the game is way more healthy than it was before. People complain about slowdowns but none of them except jolt has the punch it did before the patch. I see more aura reading than I did before thanks to the lethal buff and consequently more Distortion. I've had games where I'm one of three distortion users which would have been unthinkable before.

  • I swear I'm the only one that points out what I think is the biggest issue with the changes from 6.1.0. They nerfed 2 good perks that reduced camping and tunneling:

    • The BBQ & Chili nerf
      • This perk usually immediately gives the killer a target over 40m from the hook. This is good for the game.
      • BBQ stacks gave the killer a secondary objective that many players like myself chose to pursue.
      • The absence of BBQ from many players builds made room for much nastier perks like STBFL or another slowdown.
      • Removing the bloodpoint bonus assuredly greatly reduced its usage rate. (BHVR's goal)
    • Nerfing Pain Resonance the wrong way
      • The notification pre6.1.0 was the best part of this perk. Similar to BBQ it gave the killer a target immediately after hooking.
      • It should be 10% regression with a notification and no scream. What a great perk that would be.

    Due to these 2 changes it's just harder for killers to acquire a target after hooking a survivor. This just makes it more likely for killers to camp and return to the hook. That's bad for the game as it isn't a fun way for survivors.

    I know these changes are worse for the game because they made ME worse for the game. I used to run BBQ & Chili on every killer, every game. If I didn't finish the game with 4 BBQ stacks I didn't feel like I won and it didn't matter as much if I killed or not. On many of my killers STBFL has replaced has replaced BBQ and I play a lot scummier than I used to, in my own opinion. I have started using Thrill Tremors to try and give me a target after I hook, but it's not the same. I miss my BBQ stacks.