Improve SoloQ Team Crafting
It doesn't matter where I think my MMR is, whenever I SoloQ the team composition is awful. It's almost always 1-2 "good" players paired with 2-3 "bad" players. In games where I'm paired with 3 "bad" players I just am not good enough to carry the team usually. The best I can hope for is to match up with a 3-man SWF that doesn't view me as expendable.
It's like you tried to make a system that gives you the results you're looking for (around a 50% escape rate) and craft teams to try to create that result. If you take 2 bad players and pair them with 2 good players, you might come close to that result but the games are a lot less enjoyable.
I think it has even gotten worse with that recent matchmaking time reduction patch. Sure we get into games fast but the games are less enjoyable.
As killer if I go against a bunch of SoloQs it's usually an easy romp, especially if I don't commit to chasing the best looper(s) on the team. SWFs generally put up a much stiffer resistance.
I have been playing since DbD since late 2018.
In the glory days before 5.2.0 we had matchmaking that was based on the Rank system which relied on players earning Emblems. The system was far from perfect, but at least I generally felt I was getting matched with other survivors of similar skill back then. Matches felt more balanced and the gap between the SWF and the SoloQ didn't seem so wide. I played a lot of SoloQ back then and for the most part enjoyed myself.
As killer back then I found it harder to identify teams that were SWFs or SoloQs and I could expect decent competition regardless.
SBMM is not clearly not helping to create more enjoyable matches for SoloQs.
Comments
I just had a match where a lvl 15 bloodweb P0 (Level 1 perks) Jake kept failing skillchecks. I'm like, nah, my MMR is better than this, #########...
At least I got top score though...
We all died.