Challenge Confessions

What questionable act have you committed in the name of getting an archive challenge done?

I'll go first. I had the Escape as the Obsession challenge and after having failed in 4 or 5 attempts I was getting exasperated. When I finally got it there was a survivor on the hook and I was not the obsession. Injured Felix came to me and I used For the People (which made me the obsession) on him and immediately left. I know I could have played that so much better and still had a good chance of getting the challenge, but I did what I did. I'm not proud of it. I still remember how Felix looked at me. He looked disappointed. 😆

Comments

  • @ByeByeQ said:

    What questionable act have you committed in the name of getting an archive challenge done?

    I'll go first. I had the Escape as the Obsession challenge and after having failed in 4 or 5 attempts I was getting exasperated. When I finally got it there was a survivor on the hook and I was not the obsession. Injured Felix came to me and I used For the People (which made me the obsession) on him and immediately left. I know I could have played that so much better and still had a good chance of getting the challenge, but I did what I did. I'm not proud of it. I still remember how Felix looked at me. He looked disappointed. 😆

    I .... I am pretty sure that I'll win this, because I did a really, really scummy thing. I was doing "Aces Journey", the challenge were you need to do finish two gens, cleanse two totems and do two safe unhookings. I had failed a lot of games already,as usually either the killer got the upper hand finding you while you're doing gens or the team dominated the killer, leaving you with no unhookings.

    So one game on Grim Pantrie vs Deathslinger we were quite dominating and poor slinger only got a single hook. So I had everything and I was just missing one dann unhooking, and I wouldn't let this chance slip by! So when we all ran to one exit gate with no Slinger to be seen I hustled in front of everyone, stood in front of the gate leaver.... and did nothing :V

    Eventually the Slinger found us, the terror radius growling louder, while the other survivors ran around agitated and frantic. When he Slinger emerged he took aim and ...picked me, his unlikely ally. I got hooked and well, surprise, surprise, no one came for my rescue :D A sound 3E and the rat got their fair fate :P

    Oh and of course, the post game chat was especially spicy, but I more then deserved that one.

  • I don't remember exactly what challenge it was, but I needed two more hooks and the last person (Steve) was hiding waiting for the last hooked survivor to die. I found the Steve and instead of downing him I pretended to befriend him and followed him back to the hook. Once he unhooked I murdered them both. I am sorry Steve.

  • @ByeByeQ said:

    What questionable act have you committed in the name of getting an archive challenge done?

    I'll go first. I had the Escape as the Obsession challenge and after having failed in 4 or 5 attempts I was getting exasperated. When I finally got it there was a survivor on the hook and I was not the obsession. Injured Felix came to me and I used For the People (which made me the obsession) on him and immediately left. I know I could have played that so much better and still had a good chance of getting the challenge, but I did what I did. I'm not proud of it. I still remember how Felix looked at me. He looked disappointed. 😆

    No mither challenge: I got so sick after NO JOKE 5 days of non stop attempting the challenge, the next match, I let. everyone. die.

    It was no mither... it was no mercy, I slaughtered them, I suffered the backlash... but I got my 50k 😔

  • For the spine chill challenge on one of the OLDER tomes, I had one of my ex-friend’s DC for hatch so I wouldn’t fail the tome challenge


    I still feel horrible about it

  • Depending on the challenge itself, I will try to be as efficient as humanly possible so as not to take way too many games. This has led to me being a very bad boy on occasion.

    -I farm some of the killer challenges for ones I really don't like and don't even feel bad about it.

    -I have on multiple occasions left my entire team to die when doing an escape challenge. Even when I had ample opportunity to rescue.

    -I have spent more time in some matches looking for totems/chests/etc then doing gens.

    -I have farmed many a teammate. Sometimes milliseconds after they were hooked.

    -I have sent killers to a lot of bad maps back to back. I hope they like Ormand, Farm, and The Game.

    -I have slugged for way too long on way too many occasions in the same match.

    I'm sure I've done other unspeakable acts but these are the only ones that come to mine right now. I do like the challenges though, I probably would have dropped the game or at least play it a lot less without them.

    I also want to note those are closer to the extreme then not. I generally just play normally while trying to be efficient at the same time; as in not throw a match to do a challenge.

  • More than I care to, though I feel like if you are doing challenges, it's implied that you have to do questionable things.

    The problem with surv challenges is that like half of them essentially require you to throw the game, or at least really hamper your team.