What if Plunderer's Instinct...

...spawned more chests as a secondary effect? Ever since the key nerf, I think the perk needs a little love, and I think having the perk spawn 2 more chests when it's equipped would be very nice.

Comments

  • 4 people bring Plunderer's Instinct, and all of them bring Shiny Coins. The killer also brings Hoarder. The hallways in RPD are now blocked off by chests. GG!

  • @Blazelski said:

    4 people bring Plunderer's Instinct, and all of them bring Shiny Coins. The killer also brings Hoarder. The hallways in RPD are now blocked off by chests. GG!

    Yeah, it would be really funny to see how many chests are capable of spawning if this change was made.

  • @Blazelski said:

    4 people bring Plunderer's Instinct, and all of them bring Shiny Coins. The killer also brings Hoarder. The hallways in RPD are now blocked off by chests. GG!

    I would loot ALL of them

  • Imagine the possibilities with Pharmacy, MOUNTAINS of green medkits in one trial. A Quentin main's dream...

  • This actually not bad idea tho.

  • @ReverseVelocity said:

    ...spawned more chests as a secondary effect? Ever since the key nerf, I think the perk needs a little love, and I think having the perk spawn 2 more chests when it's equipped would be very nice.

    I don’t play survivor that often but when I do I play Plunderer Ace and I can definitely say the number of chests is never a problem. I have yet to have a game where I wasn’t able to loot one or two chests with it (assuming I didn’t get downed immediately or something.)

    That said I do wish flashlights and keys were more useful, I’m always a little sad when I loot a chest and get one of those. 😞 I’d so much rather get a toolbox or medkit. Even maps are kind of useful compared to flashlights and keys.

    P.S. I go full on looter mode with Ace. Load out Plunderer’s Instinct, Ace in the Hole, Open Handed, and Appraisal. I go in to the match with a toolbox, head straight toward a generator near a chest, use the tools up on it, loot the chest, and repeat using whatever item I find. (Although I might drop flashlights and keys on my mood and Rummage for something else.)

  • I wouldn't be against it! I'd like to see more chests in trials, even if my teammates would be more interested in looting them than repairing lol.

  • The santa build would love it

  • actually not a horrible idea.

    some maps might need more chest spawns now though since they would need to spawn 3 + 8 + 4 + 2 = 15 chests at once cuz shiny coins and this effect and hoarder ig

  • @BubbleBuster said:

    actually not a horrible idea.

    some maps might need more chest spawns now though since they would need to spawn 3 + 8 + 4 + 2 = 15 chests at once cuz shiny coins and this effect and hoarder ig

    16 if you count map-dependent extras like temple of purgation main's chest...

  • @BubbleBuster said:

    actually not a horrible idea.

    some maps might need more chest spawns now though since they would need to spawn 3 + 8 + 4 + 2 = 15 chests at once cuz shiny coins and this effect and hoarder ig

    It'd be more like 21 chests as the most extreme scenario (or 22 in Temple of Purgation).

    3 default + 4x2 Shiny Coin + 4x2 Plunderer's Instinct + 2 Hoarder.

    I don't know how many chest spawns there are per map, but yeah there might need to be a couple more (or a maximum cap) :P