I Think The Game Needs To Be More Interactive (Survivor)

"Sit down, saddle up, because we are about to do some intense generators"... only to be followed by a slow progression bar and a periodic skill check... so intense...

But in all seriousness, I feel like it would be nice to have survivor be a tiny bit more engaging. Generators are a slow release from tension between the engagement and interactions with the killer. However, I think a lot of people can agree that there should at least be something more engaging other than holding a single button, and I feel like this can apply to more than just generators, since you literally interchange generators with totems/chests and the game wont feel any different.

Part of this could be tied into my ADHD... I mean one of the reasons why I play both roles is just for the engagement factor, being chased or chasing others; but I can understand why people dont want to sit there and do generators... they are boring and lack anything interesting with them. Most of the time I just turn my brain off and as soon as I hear the skill check noise I look up and hit the skill check, most of the time I find myself just browsing social media while on generators because watching people fight over dumb stuff on the internet is 100% more engaging than doing the objective itself.

And before anyone says "oh, but you dont do generators, you are hindering your team", I still do generators regardless, since they are the objective, but like, I feel as if I should be able to express how much they lack. Back when the game was new, I think it was fine to have generators be so simple since everything back then was simple. But I feel that as the game has grown, generators have not done anything but just make the game more boring, and their increased repairs do not at all help with this.

I think it would be cool if to repair generators we had to go and seek out parts to bring to the generator, and we got progress based on the part we bring back. Something that would still have the pace of base DbD, but would have me actually feeling engaged and interested in the objective. Since we would be moving around a lot more, it gives the killer more chances to find survivors moving about which creates a lot more caution with how you do things. OR have an overlay to show certain parts of the generator which you have the manual repair, like fixing wires or unscrewing certain parts to replace them. And while these arent the perfect solutions, I feel like it would be nice to have something new.

Comments

  • A second objective would be nice, but I don't think BHVR honestly has the time and resources to put in something like that at the moment.

    I have to be honest, I personally don't have too much of a problem with doing gens. They can be the more relaxing and chill part of a match, in between the interactions with killers. As long as I get a good variety of everything, I always really enjoy my matches as survivor. Of course, the matches in which I only do gens with barely any interaction with the killer, are rather boring.

    But I do understand why some people aren't a fan of gens. I just think right now it's very, very unlikely for the devs to add some other form of objective, and making repairing gens take less time instead, especially when looking at the road map they gave us this summer. And considering all the balance changes we have been getting recently. Which I'd rather have them focused on at the moment.

  • See, these things were what I actually really enjoyed in F13. While the game had it's issues, and eventualy lots of them, the ideas and the vision around teh design were great. It felt like a horror game. While DBD is just an action game for short matches, pretty much. There you needed to find parts, refuel the car, even drive it wait for friends to get in, or plan other escape routes, call the cops, escape by a boat. in houses check drawers, bring with you some weapon, other useful stuff, block doors, so on so forth. Even killing the killer was possible although very difficult, so other options were much better.

    Well this game is mainly focused on fast paced action. But I would love to see something similar to F13 with it's slower pace, immersive gameplay.

  • 100% agree. Doing gens is boring as all heck after 6 years. They really need to spice it up somehow.

  • 1) Gen regression is laughable at this point... get a friend a find out (get a Gen to 99% then kick it with or without regression perks)

    2) Maps are absurd... for both sides

  • make gens like among us tasks, boom

  • @ad19970 said:

    A second objective would be nice, but I don't think BHVR honestly has the time and resources to put in something like that at the moment.

    I have to be honest, I personally don't have too much of a problem with doing gens. They can be the more relaxing and chill part of a match, in between the interactions with killers. As long as I get a good variety of everything, I always really enjoy my matches as survivor. Of course, the matches in which I only do gens with barely any interaction with the killer, are rather boring.

    But I do understand why some people aren't a fan of gens. I just think right now it's very, very unlikely for the devs to add some other form of objective, and making repairing gens take less time instead, especially when looking at the road map they gave us this summer. And considering all the balance changes we have been getting recently. Which I'd rather have them focused on at the moment.

    Well I think finding one part per generator would be fine and they could make then gens back to 80s or even faster. I think that part should take about 30-40s to get and put on generator.