Let's discuss camping, tunneling, 2v1's, SWF and anything that seems awkward about the game

I want you to give me solutions to those problems, not complain about them.

Tell me how would to fix them while also making it reasonable for the other side.

The problem this game has, is very similar to what League of Legends had in the past. There were no clear rules, and players would join a game without a preestablished role, and there would be chaos and players would fight about the rules and what roles each had in a team, and what champion worked or not in that role. All of that until the devs finally took a stance and introduced role queue, and started balancing champions around certain roles etc.

Seems like the devs just don't want to take a stance when it comes to our problems in DBD. They made this game sort of like a sandbox, and let players figure out what is cool and what is not. They have the power to fix them but they're afraid that they might piss off players and eventually make them quit the game. But that's needed in order to evolve, it's called polishing the game.

Imagine a new player playing killer, he gets the first hook, and face camps it, then he gets mocked into oblivion in the game chat, and he's like "#########, it's not like there are any game mechanics to stop me from doing that and it's not bannable/punishable either". So he's like "is this a roleplay type game or what ? I could easily do certain things, but I shouldn't because I have to roleplay like I'm in some sort of bad horror movie ?"

So let's try to find something that works and maybe, maybeeee someone at BHVR would actually pay attention to those situations

Comments

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3149696#Comment_3149696

    If you thought about it, you'd realize I don't want the base-kit DS, nor the DS Perk, to let the Survivor walk free with no counterplay after getting tunneled.

    You could just use a Flashlight and blind the Killer after stunning them if you want free escapes after getting tunneled

    So just say that you don't want tunneling to stop then lol.

    Not being able to tunnel literally means that you should not be able to do anything to the survivor that got unhooked for some time, unless he performs a conspicuous action or he tries to body block.

  • @ThePrizz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3149750#Comment_3149750

    So just say that you don't want tunneling to stop then lol.

    Not being able to tunnel literally means that you should not be able to do anything to the survivor that got unhooked for some time, unless he performs a conspicuous action or he tries to body block.

    I don't want to delete playstyles, simple as lol. You sound like the kind of person to think old 16 second heals CoH was fine

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3149755#Comment_3149755

    I don't want to delete playstyles, simple as lol. You sound like the kind of person to think old 16 second heals CoH was fine

    It's a problematic play style that can pretty much ruin the fun for one of the players in a match, and by extension to the other survivors that remain in a 3v1.

    I'm a killer main and I still understand how dumb being able to quickly all-in one guy out of the game is.

    I wouldn't even call it a play style, it's just abuse of power, because the game lets one guy decide to cancel out the whole experience for the other players. That's exactly how it is.

    If I'm a killer, I can just decide to tunnel you, thus I randomly decide to ruin the fun for the whole lobby basically. It's pretty much the equivalent of going afk. The guy getting tunneled has no fun, the other 3 guys have no fun because they either do the gens and escape without any sort of interaction with the killer or they end up 3v1.

  • @Biscuits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3149503#Comment_3149503

    If you think 10 seconds of baseline borrowed time is going to stop people from tunneling, you must not play a lot of survivor.

    To be fair, while I would love to have DS basekit at some point, and activatable twice, the game isn't quite there yet for something as drastic to be added to the game.

    The buff to basekit BT is a great start. Now we just need some fair nerfs to camping, and the game is going to be in a good state. But I would hope that after that, the devs continue to balance this game more, making the fair and normal gameplay of killers even more viable, encouraging killers to really go for as many hooks as possible, and nerfing camping and tunneling further as well.

    But I think these type of changes would have to happen gradually together. Some maps for example still need to be looked at, if we would want to nerf camping and tunneling into the ground.

  • @ThePrizz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3149760#Comment_3149760

    It's a problematic play style that can pretty much ruin the fun for one of the players in a match, and by extension to the other survivors that remain in a 3v1.

    I'm a killer main and I still understand how dumb being able to quickly all-in one guy out of the game is.

    I wouldn't even call it a play style, it's just abuse of power, because the game lets one guy decide to cancel out the whole experience for the other players. That's exactly how it is.

    If I'm a killer, I can just decide to tunnel you, thus I randomly decide to ruin the fun for the whole lobby basically. It's pretty much the equivalent of going afk. The guy getting tunneled has no fun, the other 3 guys have no fun because they either do the gens and escape without any sort of interaction with the killer or they end up 3v1.

    You lost me when you mentioned fun.

    Fun is irrelevant to game balance

  • @ThePrizz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3149503#Comment_3149503

    That's not anti tunneling at all. I'm a killer main, if you want to tunnel a guy, you still easily can, since you continue to have vision of him after you hit him, yes it will take more time since now he has a bigger movement speed boost but it doesn't fix it at all.

    The problem with tunneling is that some killers will still do it even if it puts them at a disadvantage, me included. If a guy teabags me hardcore and acts all cool, I will sacrifice the whole game just to tunnel him and get him dead that's how petty I am.

    This "fix" only stops the tunneling in case you think about playing in the best possible way, but most killers don't really care about doing everything perfectly and maximizing their chances to get a 4k.

    I mean that's kind of the point at the moment. To just make it not as effective anymore. A lot of people use tunneling and camping because they are so effective, and take little skill compared to playing killer normally. Now they just need to nerf camping somewhat so that strategy as well isn't as effective, and the game will be in a good spot.

    At some point, it would be nice to nerf camping and tunneling into the ground. It will never be 100% preventable, but they could try and make these strategies almost useless, so that killers would often just be throwing the game if they used these strategies. However, the game in general just isn't there yet for such drastic nerfs to those strategies.

  • @ImNotBobDylan said:

    Imo the solution is to add a sort of "Desperation Bonus":

    As soon as one survivor dies, all other survivors get a +30% repair speed bonus.

    The fundamental cause for tunneling is that the best way to win right now is to make the game a 3v1 as fast as possible and there is little incentive to hook other people before.

    This change will be a massive survivor buff, game will need to be rebalanced after that, but in the end, I think it will make "playing nice" more viable as well as many positive effects, for example games will no longer become unwinnable just because a teammate DC'd or suicided on hook within the first 5 minutes.

    That is also a great suggestion. Killers are already in a clearly better spot now, but I agree that they are not quite there yet for such a drastic nerf to tunneling. But hopefully at some point BHVR can implement these type of nerfs to DBD.

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3149780#Comment_3149780

    You lost me when you mentioned fun.

    Fun is irrelevant to game balance

    WHAT ?

    People are literally playing this game to have fun, the more fun people can have, the more the game grows, as more people will want to start playing it.

    Balance the game in a way that makes it less and less fun and you're gonna start losing players.

    Why would anyone balance their game in a way to make it less fun, that sounds so counter-productive.

    Mind blowing that don't see the correlation between those two

  • @ThePrizz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3149786#Comment_3149786

    WHAT ?

    People are literally playing this game to have fun, the more fun people can have, the more the game grows, as more people will want to start playing it.

    Balance the game in a way that makes it less and less fun and you're gonna start losing players.

    Why would anyone balance their game in a way to make it less fun, that sounds so counter-productive.

    Mind blowing that don't see the correlation between those two

    Balance≈fun

    Fun≠balance

    What's so hard to understand?

  • Your logic is so flawed, mind-boggling actually.

    You don't seem to understand what balance means. When a game is close to being balanced, both sides have fun, cause there's no particular side having a huge advantage over the other.

    In games in which this is not the case, the side that is at a disadvantage, usually has a lot more to gain if it wins the game in the end cause they are fighting the odds, but that definitely doesn't happen in DBD, so there is no reason there not be a balance.

    Now you also don't seem to really grasp what people refer to when they talk about fun. It doesn't mean the game is fun when only one person enjoys the experience. A game is fun when all players can have a good experience during a match. Strong accent on the word CAN, since sometimes it doesn't happen, but if you take into account a larger number of games it has happen more times than not in order for a game to be called fun.

  • I don't think it is possible to do changes making both sides fair and untouched.

    For camping? Increasing timer, removing grab maybe.

    About tunneling, I think devs will eventually revert changes done to sprinting time after getting injured, successful hit cooldown.

    10 seconds BT is powerful but it doesn't matter when killer has Save Best or instantly hit unhooked person.

    Also SBFTL will get nerf.

  • @lav3 said:

    I don't think it is possible to do changes making both sides fair and untouched.

    For camping? Increasing timer, removing grab maybe.

    About tunneling, I think devs will eventually revert changes done to sprinting time after getting injured, successful hit cooldown.

    10 seconds BT is powerful but it doesn't matter when killer has Save Best or instantly hit unhooked person.

    Also SBFTL will get nerf.

    hell no don't ever touch my STBFL

1 2 ›