Fair change to DS?

In the perk description, it describes it as “a grand escape”, but using it instantly isn’t very grand. I think it should only work if you’ve been hooked once, or you’re the last survivor.

Comments

  • A fair change for me?

    Make it a stun that gives you time to wiggle out. If you use it right far from a hook you get an escape rewarding map awareness. Not only once per game but 3 stacks (likel your lives) counterable with the new killer perk coming soon so : 
    You give a chance but there is a risk involved (no map awareness)
    There is a counter sacrificing a perk slot as killer

    Also you can even get rid off the skill checks, just make it like dead hard

    2 birds with one stone
  • I liked the devs idea for it, where it only stunned the killer in place. It wouldn't be too hard of a nerf, and would require survivors to think about the right time and place to stun the killer.

    There's been lots of times where if I had just an extra second or two, I could have wiggled off.
  • Just remove it ffs

    Or give the killer a skillcheck too, if he hits it then it turns from a free escape into a mori
  • The real issue with DS is the follow, you cannot counter it, but DS itself is not that bad, it is just annoying. It only becomes really frustrating if you don't know about the DS, so it would help, if there is a indicator next to the survivor portrait. It would be nice if we could change DS in a way to counter it or, what I would prefer, the killer can Mori the successfully DS survivor after the first hook. So DS becomes a real choice and raise the stakes. The game becomes more intense for the survivor and is satisfying for the killer and not frustrating/less frustrating.

  • Cymer said:

    The real issue with DS is the follow, you cannot counter it, but DS itself is not that bad, it is just annoying. It only becomes really frustrating if you don't know about the DS, so it would help, if there is a indicator next to the survivor portrait. It would be nice if we could change DS in a way to counter it or, what I would prefer, the killer can Mori the successfully DS survivor after the first hook. So DS becomes a real choice and raise the stakes. The game becomes more intense for the survivor and is satisfying for the killer and not frustrating/less frustrating.


    Thing went funny so sorry it's in your comment lol) and this would discourage multi ds users as if your already been hooked and use it boom moried along with the obsession

  • They did try the stun out but it created a gap between solo and swf play, swf could easily coordinate for a flashlight save when they were stunned.

    The could make it so it just slows the killer down so you can use it to wiggle out and is easy to use, once they use it the killer goes into rage and has Insta down for the duration so no body blocking by swf, it notifies that the players used it under their name.
  • @Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    I liked the devs idea for it, where it only stunned the killer in place. It wouldn't be too hard of a nerf, and would require survivors to think about the right time and place to stun the killer.

    There's been lots of times where if I had just an extra second or two, I could have wiggled off.

    I can imagine my friend having DS and me sprinting over with my trusty lightsaber to get a flashlight save while the killer is stunned though...

  • @redsopine01 said:
    Cymer said:

    The real issue with DS is the follow, you cannot counter it, but DS itself is not that bad, it is just annoying. It only becomes really frustrating if you don't know about the DS, so it would help, if there is a indicator next to the survivor portrait. It would be nice if we could change DS in a way to counter it or, what I would prefer, the killer can Mori the successfully DS survivor after the first hook. So DS becomes a real choice and raise the stakes. The game becomes more intense for the survivor and is satisfying for the killer and not frustrating/less frustrating.

    Thing went funny so sorry it's in your comment lol) and this would discourage multi ds users as if your already been hooked and use it boom moried along with the obsession

    So what is the issue here? multiple DS in one game is unfun to play against, now you have to consider when to use your DS and the killers don't mind multiple DS anymore that much.

  • @Chi said:

    @Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    I liked the devs idea for it, where it only stunned the killer in place. It wouldn't be too hard of a nerf, and would require survivors to think about the right time and place to stun the killer.

    There's been lots of times where if I had just an extra second or two, I could have wiggled off.

    I can imagine my friend having DS and me sprinting over with my trusty lightsaber to get a flashlight save while the killer is stunned though...

    Yes but the devs considered this too hard to pull off.
    Apparently they still refuse to balance around SWF

  • Apparently they still refuse to balance around SWF

    That's the real issue.

  • @Master said:

    @Chi said:

    @Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    I liked the devs idea for it, where it only stunned the killer in place. It wouldn't be too hard of a nerf, and would require survivors to think about the right time and place to stun the killer.

    There's been lots of times where if I had just an extra second or two, I could have wiggled off.

    I can imagine my friend having DS and me sprinting over with my trusty lightsaber to get a flashlight save while the killer is stunned though...

    Yes but the devs considered this too hard to pull off.
    Apparently they still refuse to balance around SWF

    Nah, that is the reason that change won't be implemented. It would favour SWF too much they said.

  • @Chi said:

    @Master said:

    @Chi said:

    @Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    I liked the devs idea for it, where it only stunned the killer in place. It wouldn't be too hard of a nerf, and would require survivors to think about the right time and place to stun the killer.

    There's been lots of times where if I had just an extra second or two, I could have wiggled off.

    I can imagine my friend having DS and me sprinting over with my trusty lightsaber to get a flashlight save while the killer is stunned though...

    Yes but the devs considered this too hard to pull off.
    Apparently they still refuse to balance around SWF

    Nah, that is the reason that change won't be implemented. It would favour SWF too much they said.

    But the current DS-situation doesnt favour them at all :sarcastic:

  • If you can only use it when you’re the last remaining survivor, it works with the Halloween movie. Laurie’s friends were all killed and defends herself with objects for her survival, it’s perfect