Why Do Hillbilly Players Get Hate/Harassed Over M1ing?
I dont really come across Billy players often whenever I play survivor, but whenever I do, even if they are insane with their chainsaw, they still get harassed in post-game or made fun of during the match for M1ing. I was wondering why this is? I know people use to do this back when insta-saw was a thing, but I dont get why people still do it even after Billy got butchered with nerfs.
Comments
Imo it's romantic back when he was the second best killer in game and was easier to use. A good Billy wouldn't need to m1 they could win with just a chainsaw so using an m1 ment you weren't that good with Billy. I believe that idea just cared over to now.
Realistically it doesnt make sense to hold the same mindset after all the changes. I know Billy use to be a top tier killer, but using it for a justification to force people into a playstyle when that killer has clearly been nerfed into the ground is just dumb. Especially when the killer is made worse by BHVR's overall map design; Garden of Joy, Eyrie of Crows, Haddonfield, and RPD are all painful experiences for Billy, but people sweep that under the rug Ig.
I agree it's an old mindset that some still have and probably will. I'm a Huntress main and I'll still m1 if it's the better play and I need the down.
You literally have to m1 if they just run to pallets and windows. His saw sucks. Although it is fun sniping people at the start with Lethal lol
I've always read the comment as "you may have beat me, but you're bad at Billy."
Just ignore it.
If you're not trying to be the best at Billy, what does it matter to you if you're not the best at him?
If you are trying to be the best at Billy, then you can acknowledge that you're still working towards that goal and there is nothing to be ashamed of in not being there yet--Rome wasn't built in a day.
Either way, the comment should fall on deaf ears 100% of the time.
It is just an old joke.
A Billy resorting to M1 (or "Milly", as I like to call them) is jokingly seen as a bad player, since they failed to use the chainsaw to get the down.
It is definitely not accurate, just one of those "DBD things".