So when are we splitting up Red Forest and Shelter Woods?

So now that devs have shown they're willing to trim maps up with the RPD rework when is Red Forest and Shelter Woods getting the same treatment? It would pretty much solve the biggest problem the game has with map size and the problem with both those maps having way too many dead zones. Also when I say Red Forest I mean Mother's Dwelling I actually feel like Temple is mostly fine.

Comments

  • I completely forgot Temple Of Purgation exists, probably the most forgettable Map in the entire game.

    Guess there is a balanced Map after all.


    Shelter Woods isn't bad just because it's big. There are basically no LOS blockers and the Map only consists of weak junk tiles, 1 jungle gym, a few L/T walls and shack.

    One of the worse Maps for Demogorgon, ironically

  • Size wise, RPD is a far bigger offender than Mother's Dwelling or Shelter Woods, simply because it's an indoor map with little to no straight lines to get from one place to the other. While they could absolute be reduced in size at least, splitting them feels unnecessary.

  • I feel like those maps could just be shrunk instead of split up, to be fair.

    RPD has more points of interest since it was designed for an entirely different, exploration-heavy game. Mother's Dwelling and Shelter Woods don't have that trait, they're just big maps.

    If I recall, they have already done this with some maps? I think the Swamp maps used to be way bigger, and they just shrunk those down. I'd love to see that happen again.

  • i find all maps to be fine size-wise instead of RPD. there's nothing wrong with a slightly bigger map as long as you can navigate it, which can't be done with RPD but honestly i don't care if the devs ruin every single map in the game - im fine as long as i never have to play old RPD again.

  • Actually, i want a rework first. They should still be on the list.

    But since they released Eyrie of Crows, i don't see a split comming.

  • @Xendritch said:

    So now that devs have shown they're willing to trim maps up with the RPD rework when is Red Forest and Shelter Woods getting the same treatment? It would pretty much solve the biggest problem the game has with map size and the problem with both those maps having way too many dead zones. Also when I say Red Forest I mean Mother's Dwelling I actually feel like Temple is mostly fine.

    Eh.

    I'm okay with big maps.

    The problem comes when maps are both big and incredibly dense/safe.

    Mother's Dwelling is the only problem map in those two tilesets I can think of offhand.

    Eyrie now...Eyrie needs some changes.

  • Still waiting, after 6 years, for the devs to add ONE SINGLE ######### HILL to Shelter Woods.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    Still waiting, after 6 years, for the devs to add ONE SINGLE ######### HILL to Shelter Woods.

    Are you telling me you don't enjoy dropping down into basement to activate balanced landing?

  • Personally, I'd like the Swamp maps to be touched up first.

  • I feel like Shelter Woods would be better if it was the size and layout of Wreckers Yard, and you could change the tree to be like a unique shack.

  • they need to rework garden of joy. map is really unbalanced with weird collisions.