what if we decrease the hook time if the killer is camping?

It will be clear that this will be beneficial for the killer, but if he camp the hook, then the survivors can repair the generators. I had the last game so that there were 3 survivors left and one hung on the hook, as soon as we 2 sat down to repair the generators - the killer moved away from the hook and drove us away from the generator and at the same time did not give a chance to save the survivor.

I think it might be worth reducing the hook time when the killer is nearby (not critical to start the generators) and increase it when the killer controls the generators, what do you think?

Most likely I welcome something stupid, it's interesting to hear your opinion)

Comments

  • I cannot comprehend why you would want to reward killers more for straight up face camping.

  • That's a really bad idea

  • do you mean the exact opposite of what you said? having killer close means they die slower, and having killer far means they die quicker?

    or do you legit want basement bubba to be the new meta

  • I’d like to discourage camping, but… I do have some personal takes:


    1. The slowdown shouldn’t start until like after 10 seconds so killer has time to get away from the hook and it doesn’t become a straight up nerf to all killer players.
    2. the slow doesn’t happen if there’s also another survivor with about 8-16 meters so a survivor can’t just loop or stall right next to the hook
    3. this might seem random, but they should just make BBQ base kit tbh, would really discourage camping a lot more. (Then maybe make BBQ make the base effect better or do something else).


    I do think some anti-camping methods are needed, considering in this meta, killers like artist are very strong with the longer gen time and base kit survivor nerfs (I play her a lot so I would know). And Dead lock is arguably the best slowdown right now, which is a very good slowdown when combo’d with camping.

  • I most likely suggested nonsense, do not take my idea, sorry)

  • I believe OP means the opposite, since he mentioned more time for survivors to work on generators.