Boon Totems, Fair Change

If you have been climbing recently, you probably noticed quite a few people running shadow step/Circle of Healing boon totems. While powerful, they become particularly troublesome when it comes to maps with multiple floors. On maps like The Game, Midwich, and RPD, a well placed boon totem can basically win you the game for free. I thought of a simple change that would only affect the strength of boon totems on layered maps.

Boon totems will no longer exist as a sphere encompassing multiple floors, they will only spread out horizontally.

Comments

  • Straight up my build, no touchy!

  • If they removed the vertical from them I'd at least hope they'd compensate by giving it the PTB radius, to help with corner totem spawns.

  • @Rokku_Rorru said:

    If they removed the vertical from them I'd at least hope they'd compensate by giving it the PTB radius, to help with corner totem spawns.

    I don't think that's necessarily, I played on Fractured Cowshed the other day and they had half the map covered. When there is multiple floors you are essentially getting 2 totems for the price of one. I shouldn't have to run a perk just to have a chance of winning the game, baseline boon changes are needed. Every single 4 man SWF you play against runs at least one, usually multiple.