Dredge has too much going on

The dredge really needs a change. It's just too many things in one killer: great map mobility, anti-loop and when night comes you can barely see anything in most maps. And the fact that he get night fall so easily also makes no sense. It's the most unfun killer to play against currently and there seems to be no counter to him since the locks are also only one time use and you can't loop that killer because of the remnant.

Comments

  • Uh? What?

    The Remnant is quite weak as anti-loop and is only good on weaker loops and is completely unreliable on anything stronger.

    Map mobility is fairly limited and large downtime during Daytime, and building Nightfall requires doing well with injuries/hooks/keeping people injured.

    What are you even going on about?

  • Actually I've had at least one survivor tell me after chat they had a great time with all the jump scares I gave them as Dredge. ๐Ÿ™‚ So I'm pretty sure they're not alone and there are survivors who enjoy going against it.

    Also the Remnant is ok at loops but not unbeatable. And even if you think you can't beat Dredge at a particular loop because of a Remnant you can just leave the tile and go to a different one and since Dredge was moving more slowly while channeling the Remnant you'll probably have time to reach something else.

    I do agree though that Dredge has great map mobility and also has decently long periods of really solid stealth. That's why I like to play it. ๐Ÿ˜„ I'm pretty sure it's not overpowered though, just above average, probably A Tier.

  • I enjoy facing against Dredge, my main issues are the darkness and how it affects friends who have visual impairments, it's a shame flashlights dont also light the way for the power lolll


    I like the jump scares he can potentially give, it is a bit odd that hag is 110 but he is 115 though, considering she has to set up but he can just move about the map just fine.

  • I too enjoy having my monitor turned off for half the match. Truly compelling game mechanics all around. /s

  • his a M1 killer.....

  • Skill issue. I assume you have trouble with Sadako, Freddy and Demogorgon aswell

  • @Kaapskaaps said:

    The dredge really needs a change. It's just too many things in one killer: great map mobility, anti-loop and when night comes you can barely see anything in most maps. And the fact that he get night fall so easily also makes no sense. It's the most unfun killer to play against currently and there seems to be no counter to him since the locks are also only one time use and you can't loop that killer because of the remnant.

    Survivor Mains when a Killer has slightly more than an M1 Attack:

    op, no counter, rito pls fix, where nerf... seriously, when will survivors ask the devs to remove perks and addons for killers because they have "too much going on"

  • As long as maps like swamp exist where there is like a total of 7 lockers, his mobility isn't consistent.

    As for anti loop, you can just run away since he's massively slowed down.

    Dredge is honestly a really fair killer.

  • His anti-loop is a joke unless the pallet/vault loop was already weak to begin with. If the loop is good, you can just keep on walking to the next loop since he slows himself down.

  • @Kaapskaaps said:

    The dredge really needs a change. It's just too many things in one killer: great map mobility, anti-loop and when night comes you can barely see anything in most maps. And the fact that he get night fall so easily also makes no sense. It's the most unfun killer to play against currently and there seems to be no counter to him since the locks are also only one time use and you can't loop that killer because of the remnant.

    no?

    what is the "much" that he has "going on"

    he walks normally

    his teleport is limited to lockers

    his remnant slows him down, is easily visible and counterable and only useful in small confined loops

    his nightfall barely does anything


    an easily countered but cool looking killer

    only thing he has going on for him is his flesh amalgamation drip

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    Skill issue. I assume you have trouble with Sadako, Freddy and Demogorgon aswell

    I don't tho. The only killer I have an issue with is dredge. Even nurse is easier/much more fun to play against than dredge. The dredge is just unfun.

  • @Crowman said:

    As long as maps like swamp exist where there is like a total of 7 lockers, his mobility isn't consistent.

    As for anti loop, you can just run away since he's massively slowed down.

    Dredge is honestly a really fair killer.

    The swamp is one of the worst maps against dredge. It's already a very dark map and once night falls you can barely see in front of you and most of the loops are bad and easily countered by the dredge.

    And yeah, he's slowed down but he can just cancel the remnant after he notices that you're leaving the loop and catch up easily. And again if it's night you can't even tell where another safe place would be and usually like half of the match is spend in darkness.

  • @Kaapskaaps said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3138290#Comment_3138290

    The swamp is one of the worst maps against dredge. It's already a very dark map and once night falls you can barely see in front of you and most of the loops are bad and easily countered by the dredge.

    And yeah, he's slowed down but he can just cancel the remnant after he notices that you're leaving the loop and catch up easily. And again if it's night you can't even tell where another safe place would be and usually like half of the match is spend in darkness.

    Dredge has practically no map mobility on swamp maps so while Nightfall might be stronger on them, he also has less map pressure.

    Dredge still suffers quite a bit of slowdown even if he ends up cancelling. It's certainly enough to make distance unless the tile you were playing around was highly unsafe to begin with.

  • @zHypnotism said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/341649/dredge-has-too-much-going-on

    Survivor Mains when a Killer has slightly more than an M1 Attack:

    op, no counter, rito pls fix, where nerf... seriously, when will survivors ask the devs to remove perks and addons for killers because they have "too much going on"

    I also play killer but I'm guessing you don't play survivor a lot. No need to get your panties in a twist over fair criticism and me giving honest feedback on my experience with the game. I'm more than fine with killers having more than an M1 attack but the dredge has far too much.

  • @Rokku_Rorru said:

    I enjoy facing against Dredge, my main issues are the darkness and how it affects friends who have visual impairments, it's a shame flashlights dont also light the way for the power lolll

    I like the jump scares he can potentially give, it is a bit odd that hag is 110 but he is 115 though, considering she has to set up but he can just move about the map just fine.

    I mean yeah the dredge would be fine if the darkness wouldn't be so oppressive. On Ormond the darkness is manageable but on a darker map like the swamp it's sometimes almost impossible to play the game during nightfall. Having flashlights work like that would be interesting.

  • @Kaapskaaps said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3138274#Comment_3138274

    I don't tho. The only killer I have an issue with is dredge. Even nurse is easier/much more fun to play against than dredge. The dredge is just unfun.

    say that again after playing against a good nurse

  • I can appreciate a good nurse. I've lost to a lot of good nurses but the games were still fun and I could actually see what was happening on screen.