Where is posting codes against rules?

Like, I don't doubt that it is, and this isnt me questioning why it's against the rules, or saying that it shouldn't be. I'd like to make that clear first.

Just wondering where in the rules it says that? I've given it a brief one-over (and also know most of the rules pretty well by now lmao) and couldn't find where it's expressly forbidden, unless posting a code is classed as a trade post? That's the only mention I could find.

Full disclaimer, used the mobile site in case that matters and it actually is there on PC.

If a mod or anyone else could point it out to me I'd be really grateful because I don't know if I'm blind or not, especially since it says expressly.

And again, to any mods, please don't take this in the wrong way- I just saw the message and got curious is all.

Tagged: BHVR

Comments

  • What even got posted? What kind of code?

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    What even got posted? What kind of code?

    People were posting amazing prime codes for the newest prime gaming DBD cosmetic because it's a recycled plague outfit most players already have lol

    That's why people are annoyed with the whole prime thing

  • Yeah considering it trading when it's given away for free is silly af

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3137389#Comment_3137389

    People were posting amazing prime codes for the newest prime gaming DBD cosmetic because it's a recycled plague outfit most players already have lol

    That's why people are annoyed with the whole prime thing

    Can you blame them tho? They basically got scammed

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Like, I don't doubt that it is, and this isnt me questioning why it's against the rules, or saying that it shouldn't be. I'd like to make that clear first.

    Just wondering where in the rules it says that? I've given it a brief one-over (and also know most of the rules pretty well by now lmao) and couldn't find where it's expressly forbidden, unless posting a code is classed as a trade post? That's the only mention I could find.

    Full disclaimer, used the mobile site in case that matters and it actually is there on PC.

    If a mod or anyone else could point it out to me I'd be really grateful because I don't know if I'm blind or not, especially since it says expressly.

    And again, to any mods, please don't take this in the wrong way- I just saw the message and got curious is all.

    It comes under the trade rule. Sharing or gifting of codes has always come under that rule - hence posts have been removed and people received notification from us many times in the past.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/341615/where-is-posting-codes-against-rules

    It comes under the trade rule. Sharing or gifting of codes has always come under that rule - hence posts have been removed and people received notification from us many times in the past.

    Wonderful, I wasn't 100% if it did or didn't come under that one. Thank you so much <3