Scream of Creation -Chapter Concept

The Surgeon

Terror Radius: 32m

Height: Medium

Speed: 4.6 m/s

Power: Grizzly Harvest

Your insatiable quest to understand life and death has lead you down a rabbit hole of insanity. Create Flesh Golems in order to achieve your goals and track down survivors.

Special Ability: Sneak

Press the Active Ability button to enter into a stealth state. Decrease your terror radius down to 4 meters and slow down to 4.2 m/s. Landing a successful attack on a survivor in this state causes it to go on cooldown. Successful hits in this mode cause you to gain 1 organic sample.

Special Ability: Flesh Golem

A surgical table will spawn around the center of the map. Once you've gain 3 organic samples you can create a Flesh Golem. Only 1 Flesh Golem can be active at any time.

Flesh Golems move around at 4.1 m/s. They will wonder around generators and will chase any survivor detected in a 8 meter radius. Survivors can be injured by Flesh Golems and put into the dying state.

Stunning a Flesh Golem twice will destroy it. Flesh Golems will attempt to pick up and bring downed survivors to you. Survivors can attempt to wiggle out of their grasp, causing them to be stunned. Flesh Golems cannot be blinded.

There is no aura for Flesh Golems unless they are carrying a survivor.

Perks

Malpractice: You become obsessed with one survivor. This perk activates after injuring the obsession from the healthy state. After the obsession is healed to the healthy state, all survivors besides the obsession's auras are revealed for 10/12/14 seconds. You can only be obsessed with one survivor at any time.

Surgical Precision: After injuring a survivor with a basic attack this perk activates. 30/20/10 seconds after being injured, the survivor suffers the from an added Exhausted status effect for 20 seconds. This perk then goes on cooldown for 15 seconds.

Scourge Hook: Dark Harvest: At the start of the Trial, 4 random hooks are changed into Scourge Hooks. Items held by survivors are drained by 1%/2%/3% of there charges every second the survivor is hooked.

(More details will come. Feedback is appreciated. )

Comments

  • It's hard to tell how strong the power is since there isn't a lot of information. My main questions are:

    • How exactly does the killer get his samples? Does he injure any survivors when he takes a sample?
    • How does the A.I act? Is it similar to Nemesis's zombies but faster/slower/smarter?
    • Can the A.I hold multiple samples? Once a sample is used does the killer need to get a new one from that survivor?

    There's a few more I could ask but these are my immediate queries. I'm worried it could be annoying like the Nemesis zombies but it depends.

    Perks:

    Malpractice: I don't see the point in this perk. It makes the killer want to hit and leave the survivor but for what gain? Maybe instead of breaking the obsession it shows the auras of all survivors while the obsession is getting healed.

    Surgical Precision: I think this perk would've been a good counter to DH before it's nerf but I don't think it's great now. Most exhaustion perks will be used before you get them injured. I'd say maybe the perk should increase that survivors exhaustion time by 20 seconds? Plus remove the cooldown.

    Scrouge Hook: Dark Harvest: So items lose 45% of their charges after getting hooked? Seems pretty good for killers who don't M1 (I.e Franklin's), though I'd say it's bit high. I'd say change it to survivors lose 1% per second on the hook. Good counter to swf teams who will try to unhook their friends as soon as possible.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    It's hard to tell how strong the power is since there isn't a lot of information. My main questions are:

    • How exactly does the killer get his samples? Does he injure any survivors when he takes a sample?
    • How does the A.I act? Is it similar to Nemesis's zombies but faster/slower/smarter?
    • Can the A.I hold multiple samples? Once a sample is used does the killer need to get a new one from that survivor?

    There's a few more I could ask but these are my immediate queries. I'm worried it could be annoying like the Nemesis zombies but it depends.

    Perks:

    Malpractice: I don't see the point in this perk. It makes the killer want to hit and leave the survivor but for what gain? Maybe instead of breaking the obsession it shows the auras of all survivors while the obsession is getting healed.

    Surgical Precision: I think this perk would've been a good counter to DH before it's nerf but I don't think it's great now. Most exhaustion perks will be used before you get them injured. I'd say maybe the perk should increase that survivors exhaustion time by 20 seconds? Plus remove the cooldown.

    Scrouge Hook: Dark Harvest: So items lose 45% of their charges after getting hooked? Seems pretty good for killers who don't M1 (I.e Franklin's), though I'd say it's bit high. I'd say change it to survivors lose 1% per second on the hook. Good counter to swf teams who will try to unhook their friends as soon as possible.

    Thank you for the feedback. I liked you're ideas for the perks and made some adjustments.

    I like the idea of changing Malpractice into an aura reading perk, but I think making it so it activates after a heal would be better.

    Surgical Precision has been changed to be additive to exhaustion times, but I'm keeping a short cooldown. The delay in activation is mainly so that perks like Overcome would still have a place in the game and not be hard countered.

    You're right that Dark Harvest is too much so it's per seconds on hook that it loses charges, increasing per rank.

    More details have been put into the power. The concept is a sort of stealth/area control killer. Obviously, very rough around the edges and maybe a bit too passive, but I've always wanted another killer with AI elements built into the kit.

  • @Jivetalkin13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3138221#Comment_3138221

    Thank you for the feedback. I liked you're ideas for the perks and made some adjustments.

    I like the idea of changing Malpractice into an aura reading perk, but I think making it so it activates after a heal would be better.

    Surgical Precision has been changed to be additive to exhaustion times, but I'm keeping a short cooldown. The delay in activation is mainly so that perks like Overcome would still have a place in the game and not be hard countered.

    You're right that Dark Harvest is too much so it's per seconds on hook that it loses charges, increasing per rank.

    More details have been put into the power. The concept is a sort of stealth/area control killer. Obviously, very rough around the edges and maybe a bit too passive, but I've always wanted another killer with AI elements built into the kit.

    The only thing I will say about the power is 2 metres is a very small detection range. Survivors will need to be touching the killer in order to be detected. Also if the golem is trying to bring a survivor to you there's a good chance that survivor will wiggle out. I'd say the golem tries to hook the survivor instead. Lastly I think 3 samples is too much bearing in mind how weak stealth is.

    Good perk changes ๐Ÿ‘ I still think Surgical Precision is weak but it was always going to be a tough perk to balance.

    Also I like the change to Malpractice though I will say if you did it my way (while the survivor is getting healed) it would have good synergy will slow healing perks like Sloppy and Clourophobia (probably botched that spelling).

    Btw I hate asking this but could you give me feedback on my chapter? You can ignore the add-ons if you want.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3140888#Comment_3140888

    The only thing I will say about the power is 2 metres is a very small detection range. Survivors will need to be touching the killer in order to be detected. Also if the golem is trying to bring a survivor to you there's a good chance that survivor will wiggle out. I'd say the golem tries to hook the survivor instead. Lastly I think 3 samples is too much bearing in mind how weak stealth is.

    Good perk changes ๐Ÿ‘ I still think Surgical Precision is weak but it was always going to be a tough perk to balance.

    Also I like the change to Malpractice though I will say if you did it my way (while the survivor is getting healed) it would have good synergy will slow healing perks like Sloppy and Clourophobia (probably botched that spelling).

    Btw I hate asking this but could you give me feedback on my chapter? You can ignore the add-ons if you want.

    Sure, no problem. Next chance I get I'll check it out. Could I get a link?

  • @Jivetalkin13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3141023#Comment_3141023

    Sure, no problem. Next chance I get I'll check it out. Could I get a link?

    Thank you mate ๐Ÿ‘ ignore the add-ons since it might be too much.

    @CashelP14 said:

    Killer Details

    Name: The Voltaic

    Movement speed: 4.6m/s

    Terror Radius: 32m

    Power: Power Plants

    Two power plants spawn around the map. As survivors work on generators the tower begins to fill up. Both plants start off empty but after 300% generator progress has been done by survivors, they become powered. While these plants are powered, generators become blocked. Survivors must go to one of the two plant and change the battery of this plants. Batterys hold 150% generator progress and can only be changed once the battery is full. Changing a battery takes 8 seconds to complete. The killer will get a notification once a survivor has changed a battery.

    Secondary: Electric Crossbow

    You have 3 shots you can use before needing to reload the crossbow. The crossbow shots an electric beam which is 4m wide and moves about 16m forward. When a survivor is hit by this they are stunned for 1 second. The beam moves relatively slow. If the beam hits an object it will split in order to continue moving forward. While the two power plants are powered the electric crossbow grows in strength. The electric beam will now injure any survivors it touches instead of stunning them.

    Secondary: Steal and Transfer

    Hold down the power button while looking at a generator to start stealing progress. The longer you hold the power button the more progress you take up to a maximum of 25%. You now can transfer this generator progress to a different generator. While stealing and transferring generator progress you move at 3.6m/s. After moving generator progress you will be given a 60 second cooldown.

    Add-ons

    2 Ultra Rare Add-ons:

    1. While transferring generator progress you can see all generators progress by the intensity of their aura.

    2. Every generator completed fills both batterys by 25%.

    4 Very Rare Add-ons:

    1. Both power plants start the trial powered up. Batterys take an additional 4 seconds to change. Crossbow remains stronger for an additional 5 seconds after a battery is changed.

    2. Crossbow holds 2 additional shots.

    3. After the last generator is completed, both batterys automatically fill up. This will now block exit gates till a battery is changed. Batterys require 20% less power to fully charge.

    4. Batterys become unstable. If a survivor starts changing a battery but it gets interrupted, that battery explodes and puts the survivor into the dying state. A new battery is still required for generators to unblock. Killer no longer gets notified when a survivor starts working on a battery.

    5 Rare Add-ons:

    1. An additional 10% generator progress can now be transferred between generators.

    2. Survivors are stunned for an additional 0.5 seconds when hit by an electric beam.

    3. The electric beams are now 4m wider.

    4. Movement speed increased by 0.4 m/s while transferring generator progress.

    5. Crossbow holds an additional shot.

    5 Uncommon Add-ons:

    1. Electric beams move moderately faster.

    2. Batterys take an additional 2 seconds to change.

    3. Batterys Require 20% less power to fully charge.

    4. When transferring generator progress, 5% is lost during the transfer.

    5. Movement speed increased by 0.2m/s while transferring generator progress.

    4 Common Add-ons:

    1. Batterys require 10% less power to fully charge.

    2. Electric beams move slightly faster.

    3. An additional 5% generator progress can now be transferred between generators.

    4. Electric beams stun survivors for 0.5 less seconds. Gain an additional 100% bloodpoint bonus in the deviousness category.

    Killer Perks

    Scrouge Hook: Rotten Roots: After a survivor is unhooked from a scrouge hook that survivor gains the broken and incapacitated status effects for 10/15/20 seconds.

    Rush Hour: After hooking a survivor your movement speed is increased by 10% for 6/8/10 seconds.

    Scrouge Hook: Death Waits For No Man: After a survivor has been unhooked from a scrouge hook while your more than 32m away, you gain a stack. For every stack you've earned the hook state timer is decreased by 1.5/2/2.5 seconds. This is applied to all survivors.

    Survivor Perks

    Close Call: After vaulting a pallet or window during a chase you gain a token. For every token earned you gain a 2% increase to vaulting, up to a max of 2/3/4 tokens. After dropping a pallet all tokens are lost. Windows are now blocked after vaulting 4 times.

    Take The Heat: You can activate this using a secondary action button. After staying out of a chase for 60 seconds. You can show the killers aura to 1/2/3 survivors for 8 seconds however your aura is revealed to the killer for 4/6/8 seconds and you get the exposed status for 30 seconds.

    Time Heals All Wounds: For every second that your in chase you gain 0.5% towards your healing progress. You cannot go above 30/40/50% healing progression.

    Final Thoughts:

    This is chapter doesn't have a killer background, survivor background or map because I haven't decided on what that is yet. This was a killer I started working on 2 years ago but never came back to it till now. Names of powers can be changed if anyone has any good suggestions.