I've been massively verbally abused every match today so far

so naturally since its rank reset, everybody is queueing up and trying as hard as possible and the end result of this is me getting massively verbally abused as killer, with bully squad beamer locker stunning 4 man swf calling me trash, going to my profile, finding my name and immediately calling me my irl name, telling me they're going to "redacted" to my mother. irl threats. and a variety of other things.


either bhvr needs to remove chat from this game all together or start policing this toxicity

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • You can press the little icon in the bottom right of the text box and you'll never see it again as it saves state between restarts, I'll be honest I have a lot of positive reactions in end game chat so I'd like to keep it.

  • You can report them and it sends BHVR the chat logs and then they get punished for chat abuse via an escalation system.

  • I'm sorry the redacted there is just so funny to me for no reason.

  • You can report them. Or close the chat box.

    this is an interesting phenomenon I don’t ever remember experiencing in online games as early as ten years ago. It was never really a companies concern to police speech, but the recipient of said speech’s decision to block or not engage. Not sure when or why it switched to the companies problem. But I digress.


    there’s a button to the right of the chat box, click it and the chat box will minimize.


    in so far as Steam is concerned, you have the ability to limit who can see your profile, so that is sort of on you for allowing them to do it.

  • I am so sorry you've had to deal with that, soulfire22.

    Things such as death threats, IRL threats, and doxxing are not tolerated at all, and Permanent Bans from the Game can and do result from that kind of behavior. The in-game report is all that is required, however, if you have screenshots and other evidence to add, absolutely feel free to send a ticket to Support as well: https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us/categories/6713776396180-Dead-by-Daylight

    Same goes with repeated harassment, intimidation, hate speech, etc, that occurs in-game: The in-game report for Communications Abuse is required, with a ticket to Support optional. For more information, we have our Game Rules and Reporting information here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/139-game-rules

    In regards to messages outside of the game such as Steam Private Messages or Steam Profile Messages, they would need to be reported to Steam itself, and they will deal with the person(s) violating their TOS accordingly.