No Mither Buff
This is a really cool perk but other than being used as a joke or as a challenge to players it doesn't have much use and is a wasted perk slot. Of course, this has good builds but this perk doesn't feel like it offers enough reward by itself to consider using it. Right now it suppresses groans by 50% and you can recover from the Dying State. I saw these changes from this awesome player on Youtube Dat360noscope but I tweaked them a little.
CHANGES:
Your groans of pain are reduced by 25/50/75%
You can fully recover from the Dying State by 5%
And you receive a 50/75/100% bonus for BP in the Boldness category
I never understood why No Mither didn't just come with a 100% in groans of pain so I upped it so it could be more useful but still a threat. I know Unbreakable is stronger than this but at least using this is a bit faster than normal because being a No Mither you're an easy target and probably won't get slugged so having this might help if you actually do. And it just seems completely fair to have bonus blood points in Boldness because only someone who has no fear or is extremely brave/stupid would bring this perk in. You deserve to have extra blood points for putting yourself through this torture.
Comments
@HatCreature
I completely agree that no mither isn't strong. Especially when the killers know that you can recover from the dying state. There's no element of surprise. That is why people previously suggested that you start off healthy, but with the broken effect, we can say goodbye to that.
After seeing how the (youtube) community has treated the perk, I'm unsure if it should be buffed. It has become the icon of making the game harder for yourself. In some way that's refreshing as well.
Although your changes would definitely crank up it's power, I'm of the opinion that this is the only perk that should be kept deliberately weak, for the sake of how it's the manifested icon of challenging yourself as survivor.
Then maybe just add in the extra blood point aspect and then maybe people won't be as hesitant to bring it in? I love No Mither, it's the only time I use Resilience or I'll have Survivors constantly trying to heal me and motion me and bounce around shouting ''LET ME HEAL YOU'' but with No Mither I don't get that. But that's just one reason to use it, and I'm using it to buff something else.
It's meant to make the game stressful not reward you. It's 'hard mode' for dbd. Remove the background music and it's a solid perk.
For me, any suggestion to buff NM only shows the cokyness of the survivor.
They are so overconfident that they give up an entire healthstate to get some buffs.
I never looked at it that way. I always laugh and beat the crap out of the No Mither because they seem silly for using it. But then again when I'm NoMither I use it with Resilience or I use to troll my teammates because I'll obviously be going down very quickly. If I have my SWF group I really want us all to run it because it'll be hilarious but no one wants to
You don't know how to No Mither.
The real power in NM is that you can play to die, where a normal or obsession survivor plays to escape. It sounds contradictory, but the idea is that you can screw up the killer's game WAY more than any obsession ever could because you can get in the way and force them to waste time hooking/killing you. You need to combo it with Resil and BT for maximum effect, but since you can't be slugged you can take hits at key moments and save everyone on your team. Basically you force the killer to tunnel you, and they get almost no emblem points for you. If you do it right, you will die and still pip (because Resil you can rush gens/hooks/heals/totems/gates) and the killer gets 0 hooks on everyone else, DS is still in play, and all the god pallets are still up at the end of the game. Some examples of what I'm talking about.
Example 1; Face camping LF? Just rush the hook and make the save. Even with add-ons his chainsaw startup isn't fast enough to stop you (Resil makes you unhook faster), and with BT the guy you save will get away while you go down. The killer is then put in a conundrum... hook you and the BT guy gets away, or chase the BT guy and you get up. Case and point... https://xboxclips.com/thesuicidefox/46d027be-a193-4259-9c26-b43c4d8c5744 That was the 4th time I did this to this guy. He was camping and I just ran in screaming "######### YO COUCH" and saved right in front of him. He slugged me once so I was able to do it again. And even though I died I still pipped, and my team popped both of the last gens shortly after and escaped. He got me, the guy worth almost nothing, and everyone else got away. GG camper.
Example 2; Billy hooks your friend clear across the map, your 2 other friends are on the last gen about to finish. He goes sprinting across the map but OOPS sorry. NM guy just kinda stepped out in front of you, sorry, did you wanna stop them on that gen? Well better hook me or I get up. You waste time either way.
Example 3; Obsession is being chased. They are injured. They run through a pallet and will DEFINITELY get hit. But OOPS I'm there again and you hit me Mr Killer. There goes the obsession, off into the fog, you spent like 2 minutes trying to get him dang. Well if you wanna chase him EVEN MORE you can but I get up. If you take my hook he definitely gets away. If you do this kind of stuff at the right moment, when a killer REALLY wants someone else, they will get flustered and slug you to keep chasing. But it's too late, obsession is long gone and now you can't find me because I don't cry in dying or leave blood. I get up, no hooks for you.
Example 4; Oh hey that's a nice totem there. I see you found the guy that spawned near it, well while you're chasing him around the totem I'll just hop on it. Better pay attention to me because with Resil I will eat this super fast. And no I won't flinch if you are 10m away, your ass has to come over and grab me. I will MAKE YOU HOOK ME, and guess what the other guy is on your totem while you do. No matter what you do, your totem is gone.
EDIT: Example 5; EW3 Myers chasing someone? Jump out and sponge that #########! Wasted your one shot on the guy that's already one shot. Killer running MYC? WHO CARES! I'll save anyway and still do a gen in your face. NOED, pinky finger, pink hatchets? GTFO bro don't phase me. You become an Exposed sponge that's just eats through the killers best stuff. I've gone so far as to sponge a tombstone when Myers barely got any EW from me. Have fun getting to tier 3 again.
Again, to a normal survivor all this sounds crazy, but to NM guy if you play like you don't care if you die you can seriously hurt the killer. And most killers don't know how to react to that because it's so different, when they get flustered they slug you and you get to keep doing whatever BS you want.
Normie survivors have tiny survivor balls. Obsessions have big survivor balls that fall off after they use DS. NM guy has big heavy metal survivor balls, that make a nice clang sounds when you smack them in the killer's face.
Start the trial healthy
perk activates when you get hit
broken status effect is hidden