Do you guys think the differences in maps are intentional?
To add spice to how a match goes. Playing in game or new rpd probably makes most killers groan while playing in dead dawg or midwich is usually pretty pleasant.
Or do you guys think they are just genuinely bad at balancing maps?
Yes this is a diss at the new rpd maps at the same time, we are multi tasking.
Comments
They’re bad at map design.
I don't really want to say the devs are bad at balancing maps, but I think they rely too heavily on creating really strong areas for survivors to play around while letting the rest of the map be weak.
Well for example in game, there are if we are being conservative, a billion gazzilion safe pallets.
A map like Eyrie of Crows is pretty open so you can see the killer coming from miles away, is pretty huge so it takes approximately 2 to 5 work days to travel from 1 side of the map to the other.
And a map like Midwich is so tiny compared to the others that a good doctor ability can cover the whole map (maybe, i dont really play doctor all that much)
Seeing which map i got at the start of the match adds a certain spice to the game for me. Eyrie and im trying extra hard or maybe playing a little dirty. Game, im chilling, cause you know, nurse. Etc.
Im sure the devs are aware the maps aren’t all the same and I personally like the variety.
Also RPD was never an issue to me personally, but somehow a lot of people don’t like the map. I still don’t understand what people don’t like about it.
Quite possibly. It would be an extremely dull game were all maps carbon copies.
Some maps are great and some aren't, but the aim is to make maps unique and varying in balance, which for me is great overall because it eleviates boredom and acts as a difficulty level for me..
Agreed. It adds such a variety to the game. Kinda a shame that people can decide the map though.
I suppose it depends on the killer:
I'm maining The Onryō currently, and I've had a few offerings for Haddonfield by survivors. But she is surprisingly effective on that map.
Sure, it can be a bit annoying when a Trapper finds themself on Eyrie Of Crows or Mother's Dwelling, but I just treat it as a higher difficulty.
Mind you, it would be better than the alternative of offerings that ban maps. It would just be the same crap over again.
Banning maps would probably be a bit more fair tbh. Unless you can ban 5 maps at once or something.
I feel like they have to know map design is terrible at this point. Either they don’t care to or don’t know how to fix it
Not sure I'd enjoy that idea. Especially if it becomes too commonplace. The Sacrificial Ward offering normally is good to protect against any bias anyway, so there's something already towards that affect within the game.
Yeah, but sacrificial ward is like shattered hope, its useless if they dont bring a map offering.
You know what would be awesome, if sacrificial ward didnt get burned if it doesnt cancel out a map offering. Probably way too strong though, i would literally use it 100% of the time.
I could see that as a fair idea. As you say, if there's no other offering then it may be good to keep it, and I'd add at the expense of becoming a rarer offering, so people don't become overloaded with these wards.
Could even backfire if a survivor randomizes their setup (like me) and ends up with an offering that would be perfect for that specific killer, only to be cancelled out. Someone would be absolutely peeved if that happened!