Solo que improvements ideas
So right now Solo que is very bad and it’s in its worst state right now. I have some ideas besides the ping and icons but as those are being worked on these are simple solutions that I think can be done.
-Increase the Endurance and haste when you get unhooked to 10 seconds. Lose all collision with killer and survivor for those 10 seconds. the first change is simple just increase the endurance and make it so they lose collision so it doesn’t enable bodyblocking.
-DS should be base. By default when you get unhooked for 30 seconds if you get grabbed hit a skillcheck to stun the killer for 3 seconds. The timer pauses when put into the dying state. Disables after gates are powered and after conspicuous actions.
I know the devs said they would never add DS to basekit but I really believe it can be a base game mechanic if done right. It would solve tunneling and it would get rid of the need to run the perk. But with this comes perk changes I need to adjust BT and DS
Borrowed time
When you unhook someone, Extend the endurance duration by 3/4/5 seconds. Haste duration is increased by 5 seconds.
this perk remains unchanged pretty much adjusted to match base values.
Decisive strike
when you are removed from a hook, Increase the duration of the mini DS by 5/10/15 seconds. Hitting the skillcheck will increase the stun time by 2 seconds. Timer pauses when in dying state. Timer shuts off when exit gates are powered and when doing conspicuous actions.
Pretty much I brought back old DS with this but nerfed the duration to 45 seconds but made it so when in the dying state you don’t lose the timer. But with it being base you won’t really need to run the perk that much.
Thats my 2 cents. Is this is good idea? Or no let me know.
Comments
It's not whether it's a good or bad idea. Different people will have different oppinions, so let's just say it's something I can like or not. That said, while I think both ideas would actually help solve the problem for survivors, it's not my cup of tea. For me, using perks to solve problems is not cool, because then you are essentially losing said perk (maybe not so, but it does lose some weight). If I had to say yes to one and no to the other I would give the enhanced endurance + haste effect the greenlight. Having a noclipping effect in a survivor while in game doesn't sound good to me.
Good work with these ideasm, though, and thanks for sharing. :)
I added the No clip effect cause what makes BT and endurance in general annoying is not that it prevents tunneling and camping but it enables a aggressive play style of bodyblocking so with no clip added it fixes that awful playstyle.
What did you think of the DS idea
When you say bodyblocking as an aggressive play style you mean when unhooked survivors take a protection hit with endurance for the survivor that unhooked them?
To be honest I never used DS before they nerfed it (never managed to activate it, at least) so I really can't say. Reducing the time it remains activate-able while stoping the timer when agonizing does sound good. But the 2 seconds increase in duration may be too much. Can't really say, though.
It’s pretty much 5 seconds how it was originally but it’s built into the base game so you can stun for 3 seconds by default or run the perk and increase it to 5 seconds
These aren't really solo queue improvements so much as improved basekit anti-tunnel tools, is the thing. I'm not against them (though I personally think the Haste percentage should be increased, not the duration for both effects), but they're not gonna do anything to help with solo queue's major issues.
As for basekit DS, ehh... it wouldn't be the worst idea, but I honestly think buffing the DS stun timer is a better solution. Survivors have more tools to combat tunnelling now than they did before, I don't think they really need anything beyond improving what they currently have for the basekit solutions. The best state the game could be in for anti-tunnel is to have the basekit solution give you an edge, and then to have a variety of tools they can bring if they want to be even more safe and sure.
Well, it does sound good somehow, but I guess there's a reason why it was nerfed, so maybe I would try and give it a different effect, like maybe haste effect on the survivor who uses DS, or maybe making them not leave any trail for 5 seconds after using DS.