Why are new liscenced characters' lore so poorly written? (minor pet peeve)

I have noticed that most of the newer liscenced characters (except Sadako and Yoichi, perhaps because of the fact that they come from a foreign and not so popular licence) have some really lackluster character bios that pretty much only give superficial information about the characters. Older characters such as Bubba, Freddy and Amanda had some really fun lore that both managed to explain where they came from and the reasons why they came to the entity's world. But on recent instances like Pinhead, Nemesis and most recently Wesker it pretty much boils down to "they exist and they came to the entity's world because reasons lmao".

I know it may have something to do with contractual agreements, but with the leverage Capcom has given some companies with their IP I can't see why BHVR's writing team can't try to expand and adapt RE lore to the world of the entity.

Comments