So nobody is gonna complain about camping anymore?

so let's just set this clear. nobody is gonna complain about camping since reassurance is a thing right?

ur not gonna come here and complain that your teammates aren't running it or u got camped by survivors with it

RIGHT??

in all seriousness im glad they made it, i never was a camper the only time i would camp is in end game collapse with zero hooks, but im glad survivors got a bit of help and a major fix to a problem that existed for years

Edit : you guys are never satisfied with anything

Comments

  • @HugTheHag said:

    I mean... People can still complain, and rightfully so in my opinion.

    Reassurance may be a thing, but that's a bit lazy at best, greedy at worst in my opinion to make the band-aid fix to camping something survivors have to actually pay for (since this is a franchised DLC) and spend a perk slot on. Now killers will be more self-righteous than ever to camp, because they'll just have to say, "why don't you run reassurance then?".

    I won't expect all of my teammates to run this, as I don't expect all of my fellow casual players to spend money on it. If I get camped, I'll always be more mad at the killer than at my teammates for not bringing an 8$ perk. And I'll keep complaining, though perhaps not on this forum.

    Plus wasn't 6.1.'s objective to create variety in gameplay and kill all perks that 75% survivors use ? Now what will happen if everyone starts running Reassurance ? I firmly believe if something has to be done about camping, it should be base kit so that everyone benefits from it equally.

    Camping killers will now be in a kind of in a win-win situation where they can both lord over survivors that they should have brought reassurance when it isn't used, and complain when the perk is brought.

    While I am glad that at least something exists now to counter camping, I do not think it will make the game that much healthier in terms of relationship between killer mains and survivor mains.

    (I'm saying all this as someone who does not main one side or the other)

    I agree with almost everything you said, especially making something basekit, but I don’t see how lording over someone and complaining is a “win-win”, especially when the exact same thing applies to the survivors in that same aspect.

    The killer can’t complain about Reassurance because the survivor can just lord over them to “just leave!” (Survivors can say that now :p), and survivors can complain they have to bring a DLC perk which they might not have (which is a fair complaint). So it’s not a win-win situation for either player, it’s just a pointless argument.

  • @dugman said:

    If there are reasonable complaints it could be

    • If too many players feel Reassurance is “necessary” to run then we just end up with a perk that is way too popular which is not ideal. If that turns out to be the case then the devs will eventually end up probably wanting to just bake it in somehow to the base kit and adjust killers to compensate like they did with Borrowed Time
    • The perk currently has a small loophole that can allow malicious actors who are ok with throwing a game to troll someone to keep a solo survivor on a hook involuntarily the entire game without ever rescuing them. They probably should tweak it so the effect is something the hooked survivor triggers when the perk user is in range to make it an opt-in effect.

    Yes 60 mins is the hard cap for it.....which is kinda crazy if you ask me and all you need is two survivors to pull it off.

    I'd say either lower the hard cap, increase the cool down, or just make it that it can only be used 2 times per hook stage.

    Any of those things would keep it strong enough to be viable but make is so it can't be abused and made into a malicious action

  • @BlightedDolphin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3127564#Comment_3127564

    I agree with almost everything you said, especially making something basekit, but I don’t see how lording over someone and complaining is a “win-win”, especially when the exact same thing applies to the survivors in that same aspect.

    The killer can’t complain about Reassurance because the survivor can just lord over them to “just leave!” (Survivors can say that now :p), and survivors can complain they have to bring a DLC perk which they might not have (which is a fair complaint). So it’s not a win-win situation for either player, it’s just a pointless argument.

    True. I just took the title of the discussion too seriously (I struggle to notice written irony and sarcasm), and wrote the argument from the other side. I agree retrospectively that it's not really that smart and that the whole argument is a moot point. ^^'

1 2 ›