Odd observation...

A lot of my games lately have had people DCing rather quickly. And that's not really a surprise. There are threads on this forum filled with posts about this topic.

My observation is, I don't see that happening on the east Asian servers. I watch a lot of foreign DBD (it helps me improve my foreign language skills). I rarely see people DCing, even after this update. That goes for Killers and Survivors. Does it happen? Yeah. Just today one of my favorite streamers stunned a Killer and blinded him and the Killer instantly quit (start of the match). But that was it.

Why are people, even though we're all playing the same game with the same mechanics and updates, behaving so differently? Is it because our player pool might be higher, so we're simply encountering more people doing this? Is it because queue times might be different, so people are more willing to stick it out? Is it culture?

Comments

  • Probably a bit of all of the above.

    I know from some other games Japanese and Korean players tend to play with a lot more... discipline. If DCing is looked down on there, it'd be much less common.

  • @Seraphor said:

    Probably a bit of all of the above.

    I know from some other games Japanese and Korean players tend to play with a lot more... discipline. If DCing is looked down on there, it'd be much less common.

    We have the same mindset then. I respect that play style a lot and wish more people had that.

  • @PapiFelixPSN said:

    Asians DC less often, probably because they value getting better over raging, unlike the majority of the community.

    I made a joke that he must not like flashlights, and the Streamer responded, "he has a weak mind ha ha." So yes, I think there is some shame associated with that. A sense of weakness/immaturity that perhaps people here don't feel as much.

  • Different cultures value different things. Many Asian countries have the mindset of working until completion and discipline. That's interesting that you were able to notice that though.

  • @Jivetalkin13 said:

    Different cultures value different things. Many Asian countries have the mindset of working until completion and discipline. That's interesting that you were able to notice that though.

    Ahhh that's a really good point. The work culture is a bit different.

    And thank you.