State of the game as killer

Long queus. What were once less then a minute queu times would now be 3+.

At an almost 70% win rate of 3 kills or more, killer life was easy before the path.

Now it's a joke. The games are no challenge whatsoever.

Prepatch, mercy was a common and normal thing.

HOWEVER

The devs have admitted that they use "statistical analysis, social media, and in house testing."

This is how they rationalized, justified, and concluded with the recent changes.

Variables like:

-percentage of survivors who are not killed or sacrificed. Thus, farming, giving hatch, allowing escapes, or being any type of nice actually skews the statistics. It actually hurts the game to give people a chance. Okay. Time to play for real.

-streams, and videos as the prime example of what is actually happening in the world. Because if some youtuber is posting videos of bullying the killer, then that HAS to be what happens everwhere! Screw the casuals. They don't deserve to play. We'll use unicorn squads where everyone is comms and change the game based on a worst case scenario for the killer.

-developers who play that game, and playing what is essentially a company wide killer your friends is a solid reflection of what happens when it's the internet and people are anonymous.

Thanks for changing the game to being about playing a killer and just rolling everyone. Survivor mains are playing more and more killer because survivor life is AWFUL.

And as a killer main. The guilt is real!


Pictures below are 4k games with 3 different killers. Dc's happened just before a survivor died. I.e. not early game.

Never face camped to secure the kill. Never went out of my way to tunnel a survivor. Never ran noed, or thano.

Prepatch. 7 out of 10 games, I'd get 3 or more kills.

Postpatch. It's literally a joke. 9 out of 10 games, I'd get 3 or more kills if that. The only time the game was ever any type of challenge was when I'd run into a unicorn squad of all red rank players. 1 game out of 10. ONE. It would be 2 kills or less.

I'm a killer main. Others may blame the survivor. Others may say it would be different if this, that or something. But this is real world. Not theoretical.

Thanks for longer queu times for a boring game.

8.09.2022b.png

Welcome to a world of Dbd where you HAVE to be pro to even stand a chance against a killer.

I have no less then 40 dbd twitch streamers that I follow. EVERY SINGLE ONE has played less dbd since the patch. Way to kill the game, devs.

https://clips.twitch.tv/DeliciousRepletePlumageKappaClaus-QVYTz42Hca-qcbWI https://clips.twitch.tv/SincereHonestJuiceDogFace-sQfjl8KbNSZBUeA0

You were probably fine with just nerfing Dead Hard. You knee jerked into a killer buff while nerfing several survivor perks to the ground. Decisive strike was annoying before but part of the fun was guessing if they actually have it. Not that it mattered. 5 seconds wasn't enough to save them. You could still chase after them and finish them anyway. Now. Even if they run it. 3 seconds is basically enough to shake my head and down them anyway.

Survivors HAVE to play meta perks (because experimentation, trying things out, well, that's for people who WANT to die). They HAVE to be in comms (it doesn't even matter that much if they are. But hey, in this environment anything that improves the chances of escaping). And players need to be pro to even stand a chance (I have seen streamers, and played with, and against players with MULTIPLE thousands of hours, and.

They. ALL. Get ROLLED!

Okay. For that kind of skill level and playtime. They will have some good games. But gone are the days of a group of 4 friends stringing together a streak of 4 outs.

Thanks for nothing.

Comments

  • Nice spam of your Twitch channel.

  • @FridayNightPizza said:

    Am I playing a different game to everyone else? Killer is no more easy or hard than it was pre patch, sometimes I destroy the survivors, sometimes I get destroyed and other times it's somewhere in between. I really do think people are overreacting at how easy killer is now, go play clown on gideon and see if it's "easy."

    I really do feel like I play a different game from the people who come here to kvetch. The forums often feel like a cacophony of people who are mediocre at the game, coming here to complain about balance. Whenever I get asked how I feel about the balance update, I just say "All the maps I did poorly on, I still do poorly. All the maps I did well on, I still do well on." Breaking pallets a little bit faster, the survivor not getting as much distance when struck, and the dead-hard nerf, were significant till survivors adapted. The biggest problem with the game is still maps.

  • You know what's funny?

    People say it's better now cause the perks are more diverse, but then you say it's not, that the matches takes forever, that if you don't play your best you don't escape, that's always a struggle, that if you don't sit on gen the whole game you all die in like 4 gens left, that everyone is getting tunelled, camped and etc, they say things like:

    "just bring prove thyself, off the records, tool boxes and other perks to make go faster..."

    ??????

    Ok, so what about the perk divertity thing? the matches that wouldn't be so sweaty? the "we don't want the killer to feel like they need to bring regression perks (yet that's all they bring now), but we also don't want the survivor rely only on second chance perks and bringing the same over and over again"????

    What was the point of this update if not just to change DH for OTR? and Pain Resonance + DMS for... Well, Pain Resonance and DMS?

  • @MaldingInSoCal said:

    Long queus. What were once less then a minute queu times would now be 3+.

    At an almost 70% win rate of 3 kills or more, killer life was easy before the path.

    Now it's a joke. The games are no challenge whatsoever.

    Prepatch, mercy was a common and normal thing.

    HOWEVER

    The devs have admitted that they use "statistical analysis, social media, and in house testing."

    This is how they rationalized, justified, and concluded with the recent changes.

    Variables like:

    -percentage of survivors who are not killed or sacrificed. Thus, farming, giving hatch, allowing escapes, or being any type of nice actually skews the statistics. It actually hurts the game to give people a chance. Okay. Time to play for real.

    -streams, and videos as the prime example of what is actually happening in the world. Because if some youtuber is posting videos of bullying the killer, then that HAS to be what happens everwhere! Screw the casuals. They don't deserve to play. We'll use unicorn squads where everyone is comms and change the game based on a worst case scenario for the killer.

    -developers who play that game, and playing what is essentially a company wide killer your friends is a solid reflection of what happens when it's the internet and people are anonymous.

    Thanks for changing the game to being about playing a killer and just rolling everyone. Survivor mains are playing more and more killer because survivor life is AWFUL.

    And as a killer main. The guilt is real!

    Pictures below are 4k games with 3 different killers. Dc's happened just before a survivor died. I.e. not early game.

    Never face camped to secure the kill. Never went out of my way to tunnel a survivor. Never ran noed, or thano.

    Prepatch. 7 out of 10 games, I'd get 3 or more kills.

    Postpatch. It's literally a joke. 9 out of 10 games, I'd get 3 or more kills if that. The only time the game was ever any type of challenge was when I'd run into a unicorn squad of all red rank players. 1 game out of 10. ONE. It would be 2 kills or less.

    I'm a killer main. Others may blame the survivor. Others may say it would be different if this, that or something. But this is real world. Not theoretical.

    Thanks for longer queu times for a boring game.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/XXQWM9VSW84V/8-09-2022b.png

    Welcome to a world of Dbd where you HAVE to be pro to even stand a chance against a killer.

    I have no less then 40 dbd twitch streamers that I follow. EVERY SINGLE ONE has played less dbd since the patch. Way to kill the game, devs.

    https://clips.twitch.tv/DeliciousRepletePlumageKappaClaus-QVYTz42Hca-qcbWI

    https://clips.twitch.tv/SincereHonestJuiceDogFace-sQfjl8KbNSZBUeA0

    You were probably fine with just nerfing Dead Hard. You knee jerked into a killer buff while nerfing several survivor perks to the ground. Decisive strike was annoying before but part of the fun was guessing if they actually have it. Not that it mattered. 5 seconds wasn't enough to save them. You could still chase after them and finish them anyway. Now. Even if they run it. 3 seconds is basically enough to shake my head and down them anyway.

    Survivors HAVE to play meta perks (because experimentation, trying things out, well, that's for people who WANT to die). They HAVE to be in comms (it doesn't even matter that much if they are. But hey, in this environment anything that improves the chances of escaping). And players need to be pro to even stand a chance (I have seen streamers, and played with, and against players with MULTIPLE thousands of hours, and.

    They. ALL. Get ROLLED!

    Okay. For that kind of skill level and playtime. They will have some good games. But gone are the days of a group of 4 friends stringing together a streak of 4 outs.

    Thanks for nothing.

    Guess you are low MMR then. Almost all of my games are crazy efficient SWF kill squads. If i don't play nurse i'm lucky to get a 2k.

  • Can we revert DS, self care, iron will already ? Killers got PR+DMS back....enough time has passed now we know meta shake up was a failure and we know these changes are trash, give us good perks back so we have MORE choice not less

  • @MaldingInSoCal said:

    Long queus. What were once less then a minute queu times would now be 3+.

    At an almost 70% win rate of 3 kills or more, killer life was easy before the path.

    Now it's a joke. The games are no challenge whatsoever.

    Prepatch, mercy was a common and normal thing.

    HOWEVER

    The devs have admitted that they use "statistical analysis, social media, and in house testing."

    This is how they rationalized, justified, and concluded with the recent changes.

    Variables like:

    -percentage of survivors who are not killed or sacrificed. Thus, farming, giving hatch, allowing escapes, or being any type of nice actually skews the statistics. It actually hurts the game to give people a chance. Okay. Time to play for real.

    -streams, and videos as the prime example of what is actually happening in the world. Because if some youtuber is posting videos of bullying the killer, then that HAS to be what happens everwhere! Screw the casuals. They don't deserve to play. We'll use unicorn squads where everyone is comms and change the game based on a worst case scenario for the killer.

    -developers who play that game, and playing what is essentially a company wide killer your friends is a solid reflection of what happens when it's the internet and people are anonymous.

    Thanks for changing the game to being about playing a killer and just rolling everyone. Survivor mains are playing more and more killer because survivor life is AWFUL.

    And as a killer main. The guilt is real!

    Pictures below are 4k games with 3 different killers. Dc's happened just before a survivor died. I.e. not early game.

    Never face camped to secure the kill. Never went out of my way to tunnel a survivor. Never ran noed, or thano.

    Prepatch. 7 out of 10 games, I'd get 3 or more kills.

    Postpatch. It's literally a joke. 9 out of 10 games, I'd get 3 or more kills if that. The only time the game was ever any type of challenge was when I'd run into a unicorn squad of all red rank players. 1 game out of 10. ONE. It would be 2 kills or less.

    I'm a killer main. Others may blame the survivor. Others may say it would be different if this, that or something. But this is real world. Not theoretical.

    Thanks for longer queu times for a boring game.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/XXQWM9VSW84V/8-09-2022b.png

    Welcome to a world of Dbd where you HAVE to be pro to even stand a chance against a killer.

    I have no less then 40 dbd twitch streamers that I follow. EVERY SINGLE ONE has played less dbd since the patch. Way to kill the game, devs.

    https://clips.twitch.tv/DeliciousRepletePlumageKappaClaus-QVYTz42Hca-qcbWI

    https://clips.twitch.tv/SincereHonestJuiceDogFace-sQfjl8KbNSZBUeA0

    You were probably fine with just nerfing Dead Hard. You knee jerked into a killer buff while nerfing several survivor perks to the ground. Decisive strike was annoying before but part of the fun was guessing if they actually have it. Not that it mattered. 5 seconds wasn't enough to save them. You could still chase after them and finish them anyway. Now. Even if they run it. 3 seconds is basically enough to shake my head and down them anyway.

    Survivors HAVE to play meta perks (because experimentation, trying things out, well, that's for people who WANT to die). They HAVE to be in comms (it doesn't even matter that much if they are. But hey, in this environment anything that improves the chances of escaping). And players need to be pro to even stand a chance (I have seen streamers, and played with, and against players with MULTIPLE thousands of hours, and.

    They. ALL. Get ROLLED!

    Okay. For that kind of skill level and playtime. They will have some good games. But gone are the days of a group of 4 friends stringing together a streak of 4 outs.

    Thanks for nothing.

    Uh...

    • You're playing against, by the looks of it, newish survivors. One doesn't even have all his perks. Others are running weird, non-sensical builds. There's only a single Ex perk in the lot of them, and it's a T1 Lithe on an obviously new Feng.
    • Legion is a great newbie stomper, so - yes - you'll do well until your MMR gets high enough to face decent opponents.
    • MMR is squiffy right now, it'll stabilize and people will get back into their right 'spots'.
    • This game is not balanced around solo survivors. It...can't be.
    • 3 minutes is...sort of normal for my killer queues, depending on the time of day. On the other hand, I remember having an almost 10 minute queue on survivor 6 months ago.
    • Survivors can still melt faces - go watch some of the recent HCS streams if you want to see what good survivors can actually do.
    • According to the developers' own stats, killer life was absolutely not 'easy' before the patch. Which is why they buffed them.

    About the only thing I agree with here is the DS nerf. Removing it in endgame was sufficient

  • I can sympathize with you on some things, especially killer q times. I’m averaging about 10 minutes waiting for a killer game, sometimes longer, sometimes shorter, never less than 8 minutes though. It’s making me not play killer and go play solo q, but that can mostly be miserable too.

    Tough situation.

  • @pseudechis said:

    Enough of the post patch melodrama already.

    The guilt is not real its a video game.

    These videos show yet again when people say they want "balance" what they are asking for is chosen role bias.

    Killers got a pretty good buff this latest patch, were they over tuned a lil? maybe... but it takes a lot of games to demonstrate that across a varied player base.

    A couple of weeks of whiny overreaction to changes is just that... whiny overreaction to changes. It adds very little.

    Especially when the primary complaint seems to be "I can't listen to music, watch a movie and eat lunch and still escape anymore."

    My god you mean you need to focus on the game your playing in order to do well! The horror!

    To be fair I sometimes eat snacks or play music when I play killer and still win most of those games.

  • This is not it. First of all you're on the complete casual side. Judging by the screenshots these are not pro players by any means. They'll get overrun no matter what. Second of all. Those clips are not really adding much. The girl is saying in the second clip "I dont want to be tryharding every game, I want to be drinking and chatting during the game". Can you already see Knightlight taking some nice sips during his tournament games? The game is completely overrun by the casual side of DBD

  • feng with the lithe 1, no one left behind 2 and technician 2 gAHDAMNNN


    go against those SWFs, not the ones that run around asking for attention, I mean the ones that all split on gens and send you to the worst maps possible, as well as predrop any pallet in existance when given the chance. I'd gladly take some of your games.

1 2 ›