What would your opinion on MMR decay be?
It is just really annoying to me that every time I get a billy daily I am put in to stupidly high mmr lobbies from back when I played him a lot and was pretty decent at him. It takes a few games that feel absolutely miserable just to get the dailies done and its not enjoyable at all. It wouldnt make sense for it to decay to like very very low but maybe have it decay to 70-80% of your old MMR over a course of a few months. Without MMR decay it really disincentives trying out other killers once you get good at a certain kill as your MMR on that killer will remain extremely high. Like I havent played Billy in a few months but when I try to do my dailies I get put in lobbies with people who have grinded a game an huge amount in the last week or two judging by their prestiege levels and the game just feels miserable with me not knowing any of the spots and loops to curve at on the new maps etc.
Comments
I would only want it if they actually showed mmr I wouldn't wanna guess invisible variables
I've got no issue with MMR decay, but it needs to have some kind of floor so that it doesn't ever throw you in with newbies the way old rank decay would eventually put you at rank 20. That's not fun or fair to anyone involved; people get rusty, but they don't forget the basics of the game. Shaving off 20% of the original value would work fine too, but I think that should only apply over a certain amount.