Fun Fact (Undying Influence Tome Challenge)

Dead by Daylight_20220807155745.png

The Undying Influence Tome Challenge requires you to finish the trial with at least 1 Hex Totem remaining while using Hex: Undying.

If you are worried about not completing this challenge due to bad map and totem spawn RNG, I would recommend bringing Hex: Pentimento. Rekindled Hex Totems are still treated as normal Hex Totems. As long as you keep a single broken Hex Totem until end-game you can easily complete this challenge by rekindling the Hex Totem.

An alternative, for those who dont have Hex: Pentimento, is to use Wraith and sit in front of your Hex Totem for the entire match. Survivors cannot cleanse it if you block and protect the totem. The game doesnt require you to win a match while using it, it only requires a match to be completed while having a Hex Totem still remaining. This is a more boring strategy, but it works nonetheless.

Comments

  • Noed can also help the challenge

  • Better method (because it doesn't require you to AFK which is against the rules):

    Use NOED + Insidious. Play the game normally. Then defend NOED with Insidious. Optionally combine with Blood Warden (open the gate first), Deerstalker, A Nurse's Calling or Knock Out or any combination of those. Or end the game with Devour Hope, though that is less reliable.

    🦆🦂

  • Ah, Pentimento works? I didn't bring it because I wasn't sure that rekindled totems would count.

    ...instead, I royally flubbed my first attempt by bringing Plaything, figuring I could play the game a bit before the totem camp. Only remembered too late that Plaything totems turn themselves off if the associated survivor escapes or perishes... so yeah, don't use Plaything.

    I eventually got it by bringing Undying/HG/Blood Favor/DH. Planned to camp the last totem but ended up 3king with hatch.

  • @Laluzi said:

    Ah, Pentimento works? I didn't bring it because I wasn't sure that rekindled totems would count.

    ...instead, I royally flubbed my first attempt by bringing Plaything, figuring I could play the game a bit before the totem camp. Only remembered too late that Plaything totems turn themselves off if the associated survivor escapes or perishes... so yeah, don't use Plaything.

    I eventually got it by bringing Undying/HG/Blood Favor/DH. Planned to camp the last totem but ended up 3king with hatch.

    In the end of my match, I got scared and left a few broken Hex Totems, I didnt realize it until after someone cleansed one of my Rekindled Totems, but I had 5 Totems for Hex: Pentimento ready to go but I blew it. The Cheryl kept healing with Inner Healing.

  • @Iron_Cutlass said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3119668#Comment_3119668

    In the end of my match, I got scared and left a few broken Hex Totems, I didnt realize it until after someone cleansed one of my Rekindled Totems, but I had 5 Totems for Hex: Pentimento ready to go but I blew it. The Cheryl kept healing with Inner Healing.

    Aw man. That would have been the best way to win that challenge. 5 stacks of Pentimento is the ultimate flex.