This game just isn't fun anymore. I stuck it out, it's still unfun, community liaisons ignore issues
It really sucks because I've put so many hours into this game, I truly was invested and enjoyed the game a lot. But after these recent changes the entire state of the game has just overall felt really really bad. Between waiting in the crazy long killer queue times, survivors just straight up killing themselves or DCing instantly in a match, or just how utterly terrible the solo queue experience has become, all of these problems are just compounding to a generally really unfun experience. Sure there were some unfun moments even before the patch dropped, but overall I've been finding myself logging off of DBD just feeling really bad rather than good much more often now. I've been taking more breaks from DBD to play other games and reset, but the second I come back to play a match it's right back to that awful feeling.
We've been told BHVR wont do knee jerk reactions, but can you even at least acknowledge any of these issues at all? Can you even give us hope that things are in work to improve the game overall? nope....
We bring up that there's obviously a root cause issue with DBD that's causing players to not want to play survivor, and that BloodPoint incentives only mask a problem....and we are given the answer that "well it's a 4v1 game so that's why there are a lack of survivors"....without even acknowledging the fact that killer queues were not even close to the amount of time before as they are now. There IS a root cause problem with the survivor side and it's NOT just because it's a 4v1 game or the attitude of survivors playing it, it's just straight up ignorance to pretend there isn't a problem causing all of this that can be changed.
We bring up that Solo queue is awful even before the patch dropped with all the changes, and now despite it being even worse now, we are given an update that says no solo queue QoL changes will be coming for a full freaking year?! Seriously?! We are just going to completely ignore the thousands of individual feedback we received highlighting this as a major issue and put it on the backburner for a full year...wow.
We bring up that hackers are completely out of control and are running unchecked all over the place, and what do we get, Fog Whisperers get the DC penalty removed....wow, thanks, I'm glad the problem was addressed for the .0001% of the total community and not for the majority of people who actually play the game. And what about the rest of the streamers who advertise your game on twitch that are not fog whisperers? You're just going to completely ignore them despite all the promoting they've done for your game over the years?
What exactly is the point of having Fog Whisperers and community liaisons for this game if none of the suggestions and issues the community is bringing up are even being addressed with us and the DEVs in the slightest. Enough is enough, I'm sorry Mandy and Peanits, I do appreciate the active part you take in the DBD community, but your answers and service you've provided to the community lately have felt more like "We know better than you" rather than a "We want to listen and relay that feedback" approach.
Again, I love DBD and really do appreciate my experience I've had up until this point, and I hope things do change for the better, I wouldn't be complaining about any of this if I didn't really care about the game.
Comments
The 5 second basekit should be a different status effect than Endurance. This would definetly help against camping.
Your teammates can still use BT or you can equip OtR if you don´t trust that your teammates have BT.
The aim for the patch was to increase kill rates. Not reduce them. Which might explain some of the decisions. But i´m pretty sure, that DS will get back to 5 second stun. Since its timer has been changed several times now.
Survivor sided still on high mmr. Middle and low are killer sided. Strong 4 man swf is still good as before.
LOL
Basekit BT is worthless, and OTR does nothing against a killer waiting to hit off hook. With DS being gutted to being absolutely worthless and the endurance change, in addition to the numerous killer buffs that were received, it has been nothing but direct buffs to camping/tunneling since the patch. I could not care less if I win or lose in a game, but being camped and tunneled completely takes all the fun out of playing, and that is 99.9% of my games now because it's been made even easier by these patches.
On a brighter note. For the last few days i havent encountered a single survivor that dced on first down or just gave up at the start of the game.
maybe you have 5 minute que times but in the afternoon yesterday during what used to be quick que times for me as killer i sat for over half an hour and gave up so who knows how long it would have taken. if the que times weren't a problem then they wouldn't keep getting brought up and it can't keep getting ignored by the devs because i ain't waiting half an hour for 1 match as killer.
this game BARELY changed? minimal meta shifts?
you must be trolling... tzzz
110% agreed. Killers being able to bypass OTR by hitting a survivor that just gets unhooked is bs.
They should make an exception for base kit BT when it comes to endurance stacking.