You are asking to be tunneled
You throw the pallet and go down in a dead zone. I unhook you and you go back to the gen. The killer comes back and now if I don't take a hit for you are going to get tunneled out of the game. You had two health states for your chase. You are forcing me to start my chase with only one health state. Depending on how far away our recourses are I could go down before I get to anything.
I understand killers were buffed, gens are slower. You want to get resilience value that's cool. Why don't we move over to an area that is safer. Maybe you could wait for someone else to take aggro.
When I'm playing killer I often run discordance. I don't camp, I go out of my way to not hook the same person twice in a row. When you get unhooked and discordance procs right next to where you were hooked, I prioritize you. I have no shame. You had the chance to heal. You had the chance to run away. You chose to repair the gen and show me that you don't have OTR or DS.
If you are reading this: you deserved it.
Comments
I mean that makes sense. Before Tinkerer got nerfed if people kept doing the same gen and it was the unhooked person, they get priority for playing recklessly
I think it’s because the frequency of this happening, survivors deciding to do dumb stuff like this, and then complain and name - call in the post lobby chat about being a dirty tunneling killer. In all reality it’s their own fault.
Probably. I leave it on because besides the entitled Timmy’s, there’s some wholesome chat post game a lot of times.
Just play the way you want.
If you try to play the way your opponent sometimes wants to, you'll lose your mind.
Tunnel, slug, camp : just prevent them from leaving, that's all you need to care about.
Teammates wonder why I start playing for hatch at 4 gens left when I see them doubled up on a 20% gen with one of them injured on death hook. Is anyone thinking about what they're doing at all?
I want to play survivor optimally and the game doesn't give me that option unless I SWF. Pretty much every other multiplayer game, I can queue for quickplay if I want to try new stuff/mess around. Or I can queue for competitive if I want to sweat. In DbD I have no option and I just end up frustrated. So lately I just choose not to play for the most part.
But the thing is not everyone wants to tunnel, camp and slug. My playstyle is to go for chases but I adapt to situations so I use them when I need to. Sometimes I use them when I don't really have to but it's better to be safe than to lose.
Or when the freshly unhooked survivor runs straight towards your devour hope... had this happen to me last weekend. I couldn't just let him have it, so he got tunnelled out sadly for him. Just happens, I sometimes make the mistake as survivor too, it's just instinct to be greedy and the killer has full rights to take advantage of that.
Man the number of times I've hooked the same survivor 3 times just because I patrolled the same Gen 3 times is astounding. Like dude, seriously go do something else.
I thought I said "play the way you want". Seeing players trying to justify the way they play feels like the expression of some internal turmoil. It's not needed.
The way I see it is just play to win. You aren't there to make sure the other players have fun, that's the job of the devs, if survivors are bomb-rushing the hook as soon as you hook somebody it isn't 'camping' to attack them, it makes sense, just like how it isn't tunneling if someone overestimates their abilities and decides to do things in plain sight right after being hooked.
Don't get me wrong, I'm in no way saying you should just stare at one survivor on the hook until they die or run past other survivors and generators to re-hook someone, that's a bad way to play and against a competent team will result in you losing every single time, but some people will tend to expect killers to immediately rush to the other side of the map as soon as they hook someone just so their game is 'fun' and 'fair,' when the same type of people to do this are the ones who will be as toxic as possible whenever they can towards the killer and actively try to make the killers game not fun.