Regarding dedicated servers

First of all, im very excited.
However, I am wondering what effects this will have.

For example, if there is a player with a bad ping, will I be the one who is suffering or will it be the lagging player himself.
Also what about 360ing. I wonder how it feels if you have a little bit of latency and the survivor is able to spin a milisecond.... (right now spinning happens in realtime for the killer)
Will there be a ping-limited search?
Can DCing finally be detected properly and punished for each DC properly? (normal/ranked separation?)
What about cross platforming?

Comments

  • The lagging player will suffer most likely, ur not depended on other players, ur only depended on ur own internet and the connection to the server. At least that's what I understand from dedicated servers in other games 
  • @DwightsLifeMatters said:
    The lagging player will suffer most likely, ur not depended on other players, ur only depended on ur own internet and the connection to the server. At least that's what I understand from dedicated servers in other games 

    There are lots of games, especialyl shooters, where its actually an advantage to have a sligth lagg (for example early rainbow six)

  • Master said:

    @DwightsLifeMatters said:
    The lagging player will suffer most likely, ur not depended on other players, ur only depended on ur own internet and the connection to the server. At least that's what I understand from dedicated servers in other games 

    There are lots of games, especialyl shooters, where its actually an advantage to have a sligth lagg (for example early rainbow six)

    I know, same with dark souls pvp, latency is ur best friend. Lets see how different the killer experience will be. Survicor will probably be the same experience (besides all the lagswitch and stuff like that)
  • @DwightsLifeMatters said:
    Master said:

    @DwightsLifeMatters said:

    The lagging player will suffer most likely, ur not depended on other players, ur only depended on ur own internet and the connection to the server. At least that's what I understand from dedicated servers in other games 

    There are lots of games, especialyl shooters, where its actually an advantage to have a sligth lagg (for example early rainbow six)

    I know, same with dark souls pvp, latency is ur best friend. Lets see how different the killer experience will be. Survicor will probably be the same experience (besides all the lagswitch and stuff like that)

    In 2 years of playing DBD I have encountered 2 laggswitchers. Those crybaby survivors will have a rude awakening when they still lagg on the dedicated servers :sunglasses:

    Personally I see 360ing becoming an issue, but we will see how it turns out

  • Master said:

    @DwightsLifeMatters said:
    Master said:

    @DwightsLifeMatters said:

    The lagging player will suffer most likely, ur not depended on other players, ur only depended on ur own internet and the connection to the server. At least that's what I understand from dedicated servers in other games 

    There are lots of games, especialyl shooters, where its actually an advantage to have a sligth lagg (for example early rainbow six)

    I know, same with dark souls pvp, latency is ur best friend. Lets see how different the killer experience will be. Survicor will probably be the same experience (besides all the lagswitch and stuff like that)

    In 2 years of playing DBD I have encountered 2 laggswitchers. Those crybaby survivors will have a rude awakening when they still lagg on the dedicated servers :sunglasses:

    Personally I see 360ing becoming an issue, but we will see how it turns out

    I had a lot of situation where I wasn't sure if this is lagswitch or just lagspike/my Internet, let's see. U never really can be sure unless the killer admits he lagswitched

    U mean 360ing will probably be easier for survivors and harder for killers or the other way around?
  • @Master said:
    In 2 years of playing DBD I have encountered 2 laggswitchers. Those crybaby survivors will have a rude awakening when they still lagg on the dedicated servers :sunglasses:

    Personally I see 360ing becoming an issue, but we will see how it turns out

    TBH.... Survivors will win from this, since actions done by the killer will be performed better by the server to make things "look" more fair. For example... Jumping through a windows and being hit will look better... same with the hitting and pallet throwing.

    Killers if anything...will noticed the difference in that they will no longer get that couple millisecond bonus on being the host. I wouldn't be surprised if allot of killer mains start bitching once the servers are out.

  • @TheBean said:

    @Master said:
    In 2 years of playing DBD I have encountered 2 laggswitchers. Those crybaby survivors will have a rude awakening when they still lagg on the dedicated servers :sunglasses:

    Personally I see 360ing becoming an issue, but we will see how it turns out

    TBH.... Survivors will win from this, since actions done by the killer will be performed better by the server to make things "look" more fair. For example... Jumping through a windows and being hit will look better... same with the hitting and pallet throwing.

    Killers if anything...will noticed the difference in that they will no longer get that couple millisecond bonus on being the host. I wouldn't be surprised if allot of killer mains start bitching once the servers are out.

    If they dont change how 360ing works, then you can be sure of that

  • Master said:

    @DwightsLifeMatters said:
    The lagging player will suffer most likely, ur not depended on other players, ur only depended on ur own internet and the connection to the server. At least that's what I understand from dedicated servers in other games 

    There are lots of games, especialyl shooters, where its actually an advantage to have a sligth lagg (for example early rainbow six)

    In Overwatch, a slight lag is horrible to have.