It may become a habit but, solo-queue this 2022-07-30
Legion, thana, good team, we pulled through by spreading the pain (anti-legion 101) : 1k
Huntress, both iri add-ons, bbq, ruin + undying and nurse : 3k, lucky hatch spawn (Iridescent hatchet is the one add-on I'd feel dirty to use, it's a wonder nobody ever speaks about it, maybe because almost nobody uses it?)
Huntress, pretty weak, 1k (because a teammate royally messed-up : if you are downed under a camped hook, crawl away, is that such a novel idea?)
Billy, pretty weak, good team, 1k (serves me well doing a hook exchange expecting the 3 others to attempt a save)
Blight, competent, one hook suicide when Devour Hope was triggered with 2 gens left : 4k
Plague, thana, two certified idiots and I'm not sure about the third one. How do you call a team that keeps cleansing and get downed 30 seconds later, or immediately starts working on an infected gen? 4 k
Trickster, average, good team, 0k
The iri was bad, but it was all old crap.
The Blight could have been won or we could have got a draw but with that suicide? (Worse, the Hex was next to her, so unhooking her would have allowed us to find it immediately).
The Plague would not have been an issue if the others didn't spend their time feeding her power to get re-infected and dropped right after.
That's 3 bad games and 4 good ones.
Comments
I am happy to see when people are still able to do well after the patch in solo queue.
To be fair my problem with this new patch is not so much about the general balance but just the balance of particular strategies, camping and tunneling. They need to be nerfed properly.
The only other problematic part are slowdown perks that are just too strong at the moment, now with the 90 second gens. Thana and Pentimento are the biggest problems in my opinion. The baseline killer buffs were all great on the other hand.
Even though I am more of a killer main, I have to say, it makes me happy seeing so many people complain about long killer queue times. It makes me hopeful BHVR will do something soon enough.
Iri is probably fine because you only get 1 chance. As some one who needs 10 to down some one, i wouldnt use it. Probably pretty devastating on some one that can pretty reliably hit their shots though.
Survivors are definitely adapting in my games, and my thinking is that more have realised it's better to adapt and overcome than to just quit, and the results are better trials. Glad you're getting good games, and yes there will be some bad but that's always been and most likely always will be the case.
How are you getting "pretty weak" killers though?
I used to think so, now I'm not so sure anymore. I didn't find it that problematic but I don't know how it goes across the whole MMR range. I'm guessing we'll know how good/bad it is when BHVR tunes the changes on a next patch.
It's a one shot you can get at close range or from far away (if you are good and aiming at unsuspecting auras)
I'm a average* as huntress and I know it would be deadly against all but the best survivors.
* although I regularly manage cross-map hits
Like you don't know how the MMR works. The same way I'm getting pretty bad teammates, the same way my Nurse gets players in the two digits hours range, it could be a queue fill-up, it could be an over-correction for a killer who just won against rage-quitting babies.
Oh wait, "pretty weak" : it's relatively to me. I'm not speaking about beginners.