Subtle Cheats? Sadako

This patch has made Solo Q depressing as hell, but I'm hopelessly objective and apparently masochistic, so I think; "Are my games that bad? Should I try more?". (.... lmao, wrong. It's terrible).

But in the few I played since the patch dropped, I've noticed a lot of possible cheating . Especially with Sadako.

I'm on console and don't record my games. I find the whole idea that I have to obsessively record a hobby to make sure said hobby isn't miserable a bit...idk, insane. But at the same time, I appreciate the hell out of people that take the time to do it and stream for entertainment or endure the 5 flaming hoops of reporting.

In a nutshell, I played 4 matches until I couldn't handle the crap anymore today, and I keep noticing a pattern with Sadako (Onryo). Today, I was in a match where a of course, one survivor immediately disconnected. So it was 3 vs 1. This Sadako was not that great at chases so resorted to camping and tunneling as per. Bless.

I'm a stealthy Bill at times- I saw the Sadako teleport through the TV and literally go into the air, like flying for a moment. But I think; "maybe a bug?".

We actually got 5 gens done 3 vs 1, but this Sadako had No Way Out. Common. Ok. But it lasted through her downing and hooking one survivor. Then downing and hooking the next. I was looking at the gate and like.."Yeah it's been way more than 60 secs".

And it went on. And on. In fact, it lasted about 3 minutes. The other survivors were sacrificed- the animation gone- and I was on the other side of the map. It just went on.

And ON.

Tell me Devs in their clownery didn't buff NWO like this? I timed it because there's a clock below my screen and you get that feeling something is off. So I went to corner- Sadako finds me and then bad manners until I bleed out.

Thing is, this is the second time I've seen this on Sadako Killers in a short time. At first I assumed it was my mistake. Like, you're in the moment, and as a Solo player apres-patch, you just go into a match expecting BS. I remember noting "This No Way Out seems....forever..maybe it's just me".

Do we really have to record our matches now? I think I'm posting this to warn/see if anyone else has experienced this. Or to look out for it.

Comments

  • I thought you said the cheats were subtle?

  • Never seen a year long No Way Out but it wouldn't shock me

  • I've seen the flying Sadako and where her facing direction isn't clear (not like her normal phasing in and out, it looks way more glitchy) but not infinite no way out.

    Also saw instant tier 3 myers (went tier 2 to tier 3 near instantly without any addons which added that speed) and future tier 3's were also quick though it wasn't intentional, the killer didn't know how it happened either. Or so they claimed, but they let us escape so I believe them. Wasn't recorded so there's no point in reporting bugs without hard proof. The few I have reported with proof haven't been acted on yet so... yeah.

    Honestly, the lore, music, writing and art departments carry this game so badly. The coding, balance and dealing with general player experience (tunneling/bullying etc.) leave a lot to be desired.

  • @Seraphor said:

    I thought you said the cheats were subtle?

    Touche.

    I said subtle because the cheats I'm used to seeing are downright outrageous. like a Hag flying around the map and slugging everyone in seconds. Or spawning with the Killer and same deal (everyone slugged in seconds). The Sadako's actually went an entire match. The thing where she was up in the air I only saw once briefly in the match. Like she blinked up and down, and if I wasn't watching I'd have missed it. The No Way Out of course, that happened at the very end.

    Normally these cheaters don't have the self control to go thru the whole match.

  • Ironically, I had a cheating, or suspected, Sadako last night. She was way too fast both in terms of her movement speed and animations (hooking and TVs) and knew where everyone was alll the time. I hung around till the end of the match and all of her perks were gen specific exposure perks so initially not too bad... but she was that quick and omnipresent thay no gens were getting done. She was literally finding us healing in corners etc or just walking, not running, on the opposite side of the map and she didn't have BBQ. So yeah I called cheating on that.


    Funny its a lot of Sadakos though.

  • i have experienced something similar with bamboozle, the black entity things were blocking a window permanently but it was only a visual effect, if i was near the window it didn't even say "press SPACE to vault" but i could do it and vaulting normally