Survivors cheating through GPU editing

You know when this game is supposed to be played in the dark but instead they play like they have flashlight brightness construction lamps hacks that lit up the map like the infirmary. I've seen streamers that turned up their brightness so high that you can see the killer from 900 yards away it's just too crazy to me.

If BHVR can lock people from changing their resolution, how about locking the brightness settings as well? This will make it fairer for everybody.

Comments

  • Killer vision is also so much darker than survivor sight. I'm not all for buffing killers even more, but some parts of maps are just horrible to go through.

  • @HugTheHag said:

    Killer vision is also so much darker than survivor sight. I'm not all for buffing killers even more, but some parts of maps are just horrible to go through.

    Yes, it doesn't make any sense. I thought the killer's job was entirely about tracking survivors and not about putting a thin blanket in front of your eyes and depending on luck if you're going to hit a survivor or not.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @AarcvanDemen said:

    You know when this game is supposed to be played in the dark but instead they play like they have flashlight brightness construction lamps hacks that lit up the map like the infirmary. I've seen streamers that turned up their brightness so high that you can see the killer from 900 yards away it's just too crazy to me.

    If BHVR can lock people from changing their resolution, how about locking the brightness settings as well? This will make it fairer for everybody.

    "Cheating" using nvidia filters (literally have to be supported by the devs) and reshade is not cheating the devs have said this hundreds of times. I can't imagine playing killer without some brightness tweaks I'm more worried about not being able to see survivors on a lot of maps than killers who have a literal TR/other audio cues 1 second sooner.