Problems that BHVR MUST address.
Dead by Daylight has a lot of issues lately that go from Perks' Translation to Unsportive Conduct from players (both killers and survivors), and these issues must be adequately addressed for the sake of the maintenance of the playing community.
First, I would like to point out that the translations of some perks were not appropriately done after the last 6.1.0 update, and continued in this 6.1.1. As an example, and as a Portuguese speaker myself, I noticed that the perk "Out of Record" does not mention the endurance status effect that the survivor gains after being unhooked or unhooking themselves. It is still the same written description as before the update. As a result, casual players (non-English speakers) are getting confused or even not aware of those changes that would change their gaming experience. Also, for killers like Demogorgon, some purple add-ons, Upside Down Resin, are not showing the status effect that they do. It just shows the quoted message from the perk description. As a result, I had to search on google to find the use of these add-ons. So, please, make sure to review the perks' translation before releasing an update because part of the DBD community that are not English speakers deserve better attention.
Secondly, unsportive conduct from players is running the gaming experience of the DBD community. I play this game very occasionally because I have a full-time job + university + volunteering work. In that context, I reserve just a few of my available hours to play video games and enjoy my gaming experience. Also, I would like to highlight that I love playing DBD (as both survivor and killer). However, in the last few days, my gaming experience has been miserable. In fact, I am not talking about perk changes. I am talking about how both sides (killer and survivor) have been working together to destroy other Solo-casual gamers' fun. When I am playing as a survivor, I have never seen so many survivor players killing themselves on the hook as lately. If they get tunneled after being unhooked, they DC/kill themselves on the hook. If they match with a thanatophobia / overcharge / call of brine / sloppy, they just give up. As a result, I have to play a match, as a survivor, knowing that the game is not going to be 4 survivors vs 1 killer, it is going to be 3 (or just me) vs the killer. I am so upset with this situation that I feel forced to run Sole Survivor + Left Behind every game.
In addition to that, I understand the good intentions of the Devs to make Borrowed Time base kit. I really do, but it is not working as intended. I was playing a game yesterday where a Dredge face camped the 3 of my teammates out of the game before the last gen was done. If one person is being camped by the killer, to do the saving or even to have an exchange, it is required two people. It means, just one person doing gens (that takes 90 seconds now). If just one person is going to save the guy on the hook, even if the rescuer is healthy, the killer can just wait to grab that rescuer and slug him/her/them. Also, in the best scenario, the killer hits the rescuer and deep wounds the unhooked survivor. So, what should I do in this situation? Do gens? The gens that requires more time to complete? Risk the save and get grabbed? Wait for another survivor to try an exchange? what if the other survivor just sticks on gens? Well, you might say, "Just run borrowed time and kindred." However, those perks do not guarantee that you will not be "free grabbed" by the killer. Also, by the time the other survivor comes, the hooked survivor might get into the second stage of the sacrifice (which makes them an easy target be eliminated from the game). So, I ask you all another question, "How do you expect those changes to be efficient against it?" It is simply not efficient. It needs to be changed because it just perpetrates an unfun, unfair, and cheap gameplay that ruins the gaming experience of many DBD players. It needs to be stopped by now.
Also, I know that some people might say, "just play another game". Even though they might be right about it being a good solution for this, it is important to reiterate that the DBD players are the people who keep the game alive, they are the people who buy skins, the people who buy new chapters. If they are not having fun, or just playing another game instead, how will the game make money? So, I am wholeheartedly sharing this with you because, as I said, I enjoy playing the game, so I believe that changes need to be done to improve the gaming experience for all the players.
Comments
All your points are fair and I agree with you.
The updating of the perks effects was sloppy on other languages as well. French version didn't even have Dead Hard's effect updated iniatially ! The descriptions are slowly being corrected though, a bunch of them have been fixed with the bugfix patch yesterday. I'm pretty sure it won't be a problem for long.
I really hope so.
If you are playing the spanish version of dbd, botany knowledge does not register its 20% efficiency penalty. It says "50% increased speed and efficiency"
The same in the Portuguese version!