Is Deathbound used at higher MMRs?
I don't play at high MMRs (I don't think), yet I don't usually see a Deathbound in play. ever. Is it used at higher MMRs, or has it really only used in certain builds?
Lots of thanks,
"Look, metal ball - I CAN hear you."
Comments
The real question is: is Deathbound used in any match outside of Adept Executioner?
(No.)
Don't know my MMR, but
I have not seen this perk in actual months
I physically cannot remember the last time I saw it, although I think Hawkins might've still been in the game at that point
That would be like eight months ago.. and probably more recently than I’ve seen it. 🤣
Do you think they should change Deathbound or keep it? If perks aren't EVER used outside of something like an Adept, maybe a change should be done to make it more punishing to leave the area of 8m (just not exposed, please.) Just a suggestion.
A random Idea I had was Deathbound making it so survivors affected by it can only heal each other and nobody else (Meaning no self heals either)
So like let's say you have dwight and meg, dwight heals meg, screams from deathbound now dwight and meg can only heal each other and nobody else for the duration of the perk.
idk something more thematic with the whole 'survivors have to suffer together' theme.
There'd probably be 5 bugs in that. lol. (joking around)
Yeah, it definitely needs some kind of buff. If they did add exposed, it would kind of make it a reverse Make Your Choice. I actually think that’s interesting! But if you don’t like that, it could at least effect both survivors instead of the one who healed only.
Or @Brokenbones ‘ idea above! Just do something with this perk!
I've seen one or two Onis use it
I'd take basically anything, it's effect is both too conditional and underwhelming
If I wanna make survivors oblivious, I'll run Plaything.
If I want to know far away survivor locations, I have like a billion tracking perks that don't rely on me being a certain distance away.
"one or two"
I was thinking of Deathbound's range wrongly when writing (typing) this...I guess that exposed could work, but I think the Range would need to be buffed slightly.
Haven't seen it in forever.
Like my N64. lol.
The main problem with Deathbound is the "they have to heal someone else" part and the range requirement. There so many ways to heal yourself that are common, and then even if they do it has to be outside a certain range. At least lose the range requirement to activate.
Honestly, those are some great points. I would like to point out also that some other perks are better at delivering the oblivious effect as @Brokenbones pointed out. This wasn't a post for suggested changes, but at least I know it's up in the attic (for now)
Deathbound is a really niche perk. It gives you info on a single survivor who's really far away and happens to be a second survivor (it doesn't work if survivors heal themselves). But unless you have a way to actually get there quickly it's not that helpful. They do get pseudo Oblivious for a bit if they stray too far from the person they healed, and Oblivious can be an ok effect, but it just seems so situational I can't see myself using it for the most part. Maybe if you play a character with really high map mobility like Dredge or Sadako or Hillbilly or Blight, etc, who can get to where you heard the scream really quickly then it might be ok.
If you do use it, one interesting combo is to pair it with Nurse's Calling, that way if any survivor heals another survivor pretty much anywhere on the map other than a fairly narrow range band away from you then you will see where they are.
Another possibly fun thing to pair this with would be Forced Penance. Since Deathbound encourages the two survivors to stick together they're that much more likely to take a Protection hit if you attack one of them. (Also note that with everybody running around trying out Endurance bodyblocks Forced Penance could be fun to use regardless, the Endurance won't stop them from becoming Broken in those cases.)
But like I said, I can't imagine it being that good outside of these types of corner cases where you go out of your way to try and build something around it.
tru.
Speak of the Devil. (the shrine for this week)
I use it a lot on Oni and Blight, it's actually a pretty fun perk. I just wish it gave another status effect like exposed or exhaustion. Then it would actually be a pretty interesting pick.
Exhaustion would be good, but I don't usually see anyone running exhaustion perks much anymore (inc. SB and Lithe).
I can't remember the last time I saw it in any match.
Perks that have XY rules to be activated and rewards you with meh reward at best are (almost) never played.