Why is SB'ing to a pallet and not getting hit not the same as DH'ing to a pallet and not getting hit

SB - Sprint Burst

DH - Dead Hard


I've been seeing a lot of survivors running Sprint Burst and immediately preventing the first hit of a chase by making it to a pallet and looping it, how is this not seen as being the same as dead harding to a different pallet to not get hit? Either way both perks do exactly the same thing but at different stages of the chase, is Sprint Burst likely to see a change when people realise they aren't too dissimilar?

Comments

  • @The_Krapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090392#Comment_3090392

    I would argue if you tried to blink right on top of me while I had sprint burst 99 you would get torched by the distance or the speed of being able to fake one way then the other for even more distance, you must be playing against some really bad survivors if they can't even use a 99 sprint burst to force a situation exactly like old dead hard, or to even force a nurse to waste a blink, the only way that's gonna work out in favor of the nurse is if the survivor is bad and never looks behind them and instead just runs without knowing which way the nurse is setting the blink.

    Sb usually makes nurse miss blink anyway even if you just run and don't look behind.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090884#Comment_3090884

    So you have one example, after which MoM was nerfed significantly into oblivion, what was the ridiculous perk after MoM... nothing? Oh right, so one coincidence = the entire history of dbds patch notes, lmao.

    I told you to look for yourself I gave an example like you asked me to do, I'm not gonna sit here and research every change just to show you something you should've already realized by now, just think about some of the perks today existing in the old DBD and not only that but everytime a strong perk comes out people cry about it until it's nerfed on here, I'm more curious on how you haven't noticed lmao you can make smart alec remarks all you want I could care less

  • @Alphasoul05 said:

    It's not, and SB is just as unhealthy as DH. You have absolutely zero fear of the killer, you can greedily sit on that gen as long as possible, then freely SB to your pre-determined safe spot. In fact, it turns a deadzone into a safer area since you often have an open sight to an approaching killer, too.

    It has the downside of having to walk, sure, but Lithe has the downside of requiring a vault, Head On has the downside of requiring time and proper timing, BL has the downside of requiring height. DH's requirement was that you were injured, and since everyone gets injured eventually, well, it didn't have a downside.

    At the end of the day dealing with SB isn't frustrating. You don't feel robbed, you don't feel annoyed, you don't feel they were really rewarded for outplaying you, or playing indirectly greedy. It doesn't severely impact a chase.

    Dead hard down side was you could not use it agains't instadown killers.

  • @The_Krapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090889#Comment_3090889

    I told you to look for yourself I gave an example like you asked me to do, I'm not gonna sit here and research every change just to show you something you should've already realized by now, just think about some of the perks today existing in the old DBD and not only that but everytime a strong perk comes out people cry about it until it's nerfed on here, I'm more curious on how you haven't noticed lmao you can make smart alec remarks all you want I could care less

    If you can't give examples don't make sweeping statements, it would be very easy for you to name nerf + perk but of course you won't and I have to go look myself for proof of your claim that I know is false.


    Survivors have had 3 good perks.


    Dead Hard, MoM, CoH

    MoM & CoH have been the only meta perks since Dead Hard, and they've both been nerfed, CoH multiple times over, there is not a single perk from Dead Hard to now that killers have complained about besides MoM & CoH, don't be so ridiculous that survivors get strong perks after nerfs because it's incredibly untrue.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090902#Comment_3090902

    If you can't give examples don't make sweeping statements, it would be very easy for you to name nerf + perk but of course you won't and I have to go look myself for proof of your claim that I know is false.

    Survivors have had 3 good perks.

    Dead Hard, MoM, CoH

    MoM & CoH have been the only meta perks since Dead Hard, and they've both been nerfed, CoH multiple times over, there is not a single perk from Dead Hard to now that killers have complained about besides MoM & CoH, don't be so ridiculous that survivors get strong perks after nerfs because it's incredibly untrue.

    I guess all of us were just imagining the boil over complaints too right? There's always been stuff people are complaining about and getting nerfed it's nothing new, you want to sit here and argue about it and you look ridiculous claiming survivors only have boons, dh and mom after all this time, I guess we all are just imagining these changes happening to perks over the last few years and all the complaints about them on here like when breakout first came out and the forums were filled with breakout,sabo, swf complaints and that was after the way the hooks were changed by the way, I guess we all imagined the old soul guard for the people complaints too guys, if I really wanted to I could sit here and go on but it's not worth it because in your mind you think only 3 perks have been complained about since Ashley Williams dropped into the game lmfao

  • @The_Krapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3090913#Comment_3090913

    I guess all of us were just imagining the boil over complaints too right? There's always been stuff people are complaining about and getting nerfed it's nothing new, you want to sit here and argue about it and you look ridiculous claiming survivors only have boons, dh and mom after all this time, I guess we all are just imagining these changes happening to perks over the last few years and all the complaints about them on here like when breakout first came out and the forums were filled with breakout,sabo, swf complaints and that was after the way the hooks were changed by the way, I guess we all imagined the old soul guard for the people complaints too guys, if I really wanted to I could sit here and go on but it's not worth it because in your mind you think only 3 perks have been complained about since Ashley Williams dropped into the game lmfao

    What nerfs to survivor made the boil over patch happen?

    The thing about you specifically is you keep saying "all these" "all those" and then give one example that isn't even true to your original claim that when survivors are nerds they get op perks to compensate, you first example ds change + mom lasted 14 days, your next example is boil over, 3 years later 😂

1 2 ›