Vile Purge Hit Validation...

As a former Plague main, anytime I get Daily Ritual requiring me to play Plague, I just instant re-roll the challenge or wait a whole day, even opting to play characters I dont like to play as (such as Twins) just to avoid playing Plague. But why would I go to such lengths? Easy answer, the hit validation for Vile Purge is awful.

Before Plague's buffs and addon pass, Plague use to have way better hit validation for Vile Purge, the time required to full infect a survivor was moreso back then, but since validation wasnt really much of an issue, it was super quick to infect survivors (even without infection rate addons). But ever since the buff and addon pass release, the validation on Vile Purge hits has gotten significantly worse, with me even going into a Custom Match, and spending 2 whole minutes infecting a survivor running around a relatively open loop which you can easily hit over.

This is horrible.

Often at the start of the match, rather than engaging in a survivor, infecting them, downing them, and using the hook as not only pressure but a passive means to infect others; I instead am forced to constantly drop chase and infect all survivors at the start of the trial. It completely removed the flow that Plague has, making her seem more like an offbrand Legion, constantly dropping chases, but without the movement speed and flow Legion has as a killer. It feels awful to play, which is why I ended up dropping Plague all together... because the update that was suppose to make Plague more fluid only made her more frustrating to play (at least on my respected platform, which is PS4).

So why make a post about this? Well, I really wanted to know if others are having the same issue I am. I also want to know if this is something that might be a huge issue for my platform (PS4) but not for others.

(And for anyone wondering, I have no internet issues, I can run a lot of games at 50-70 ping and the same goes for DbD, nothing insanely high speed but still a decent connection nonetheless.)

Comments

  • Just run Corrupt Intervention + Thana and puke on gens smh why bother she's literally one of the most braindead killers to play rn.

    nah jk I am a bit salty and tired of all the Thana Plagues this killer is such a bad design everytime I see this ######### I want to instantly DC beceause I already know we're gonna spend 2 minutes on gens even if my team plays well at some point we will run out of resources.

  • @Ayamir said:

    Just run Corrupt Intervention + Thana and puke on gens smh why bother she's literally one of the most braindead killers to play rn.

    nah jk I am a bit salty and tired of all the Thana Plagues this killer is such a bad design everytime I see this ######### I want to instantly DC beceause I already know we're gonna spend 2 minutes on gens even if my team plays well at some point we will run out of resources.

    I dont run slowdown perks on any of my killers, they are boring as hell to use.