losing to baby killers thanks to the stupid killer buffs

before any of you say "oh you need to learn to loop without dead hard. thats all"... i have 3k hours in this game. i didnt use dead hard that often either. i LIKED looping without it. or any exhaustion because it felt that much satisfying to know i had a long chase WITHOUT any help. so now that we have that all cleared up:

i miss facing good killers!! killers with good mind games, who knew how to pressure gens, and when you lost to them you could say "he played really well. ggs" all i get are a bunch of boosted baby killers who don't know how to mind game and now they don't have to learn because the game just hands them the win. You cant simultaneously make gen times longer as well as make chases shorter. survivors dont have enough time to get anything done before the killer comes to interrupt. every game feels too exhausting.

i used to play killer and survivor equally, im red ranked in both, but since the patch i have been playing killer a lot more because its wayyyy easier and less stressful. yesterday, i got adept on 6 killers i had never even tried before... do you know how many games it took me? 6....... ITS TOO EASY. THERES NOT EVEN A CHALLENGE.

BHVR, I think you went WAY overboard with these killer buffs. a lot of the perk changes were nice. good job. no complaints (except maybe thana. thats miserable).. but the amount of base kit changes in the killers favor is ruining the survivor experience.

Comments

  • @tamsmi said:

    do yall ever think that if a brand new killer is getting 4k's on survivors that have upwards of 1k, 2k and 3k hours they might be buffed a little too much? maybe the answer isnt that the 3k hour player doesnt know how to play? like come on. be serious

    It's not balance if someone without any skill or knowledge in the game is winning against someone with a lot of skill and knowledge at the game. This patch made killer easy to play and solo queue much much harder to play.

    I'm surprised that skilled killers aren't upset about this match, because now, mid skilled killers are just as good as high skilled killers. There's no differentiating them.

  • @tamsmi said:

    before any of you say "oh you need to learn to loop without dead hard. thats all"... i have 3k hours in this game. i didnt use dead hard that often either. i LIKED looping without it. or any exhaustion because it felt that much satisfying to know i had a long chase WITHOUT any help. so now that we have that all cleared up:

    i miss facing good killers!! killers with good mind games, who knew how to pressure gens, and when you lost to them you could say "he played really well. ggs" all i get are a bunch of boosted baby killers who don't know how to mind game and now they don't have to learn because the game just hands them the win. You cant simultaneously make gen times longer as well as make chases shorter. survivors dont have enough time to get anything done before the killer comes to interrupt. every game feels too exhausting.

    i used to play killer and survivor equally, im red ranked in both, but since the patch i have been playing killer a lot more because its wayyyy easier and less stressful. yesterday, i got adept on 6 killers i had never even tried before... do you know how many games it took me? 6....... ITS TOO EASY. THERES NOT EVEN A CHALLENGE.

    BHVR, I think you went WAY overboard with these killer buffs. a lot of the perk changes were nice. good job. no complaints (except maybe thana. thats miserable).. but the amount of base kit changes in the killers favor is ruining the survivor experience.

    Killers buffs were fine if you have good teammates it's pretty easy to still win if the killer is not good. Gen times are only thing which needs to be looked at maybe making last 2 gens back to 80s so 3 gen situations would not be as bad in the end.

  • @YOURFRIEND said:

    If you're losing to opponents worse than you, why would you want to face people better than the people you can't beat? Absolutely bizzare logic.

    Lets say they made gens take 30 seconds to finish. Then the top most skilled killers in the game would only be able to beat baby survivors. I'm assuming you are at a low mmr because you can't understand this but at higher mmr the chases are a lot more interesting and there is a lot more strategy involved. If you ever get there you will understand.

  • @tendyhands said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3087061#Comment_3087061

    Lets say they made gens take 30 seconds to finish. Then the top most skilled killers in the game would only be able to beat baby survivors. Please try thinking before posting.

    Tendyhands is a really good name.

  • @YOURFRIEND said:

    If you're losing to opponents worse than you, why would you want to face people better than the people you can't beat? Absolutely bizzare logic.

    It doesn't take skill to camp and tunnel like a coward - standard play of the majority of killers these days. "Fastest way to win" was what a killer told me just the other day.

  • @Onyx said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/3092711#Comment_3092711

    Man I feel like I need to run like 3 different builds at the same time to do anything. I need anti-slugging, anti-tunneling, anti-camping, and because I am soloq I need info for myself and my teammates. At this point I literally need to run like 12 perks to do anything.

    Yeah, when I do soloq too I try so much stuff but somehow it is never enough. As a Jeff Main, I am pretty much dependent on IW but with the changes I feel that I need an Exhaustion perk (which does not work well with IW) which I never really did before. Sometimes I really think I need OTR and DS and then something for the end-game like Adre and then, because I am soloq, Kindred is also a must have. Not to mention something against all the Gen - regression like Prove.....

    I think they overdid it a bit with all changes combined. The faster cooldown and shorter boost on hit are good for M1 killers like Sadako or Myers, but make Huntress, Blight or Nurse extremely hard to go against. I have just seen a Deathslinger with insta shot again.... Yeah...

    They need to revert or nerf some numbers with the perks and nerf the ######### range addons on nurse, alchemist ring on Blight and ring on spirit.

1 2 ›